Sign in to follow this  
Donna

Winter.

Its been pouring snow here for a few hours now, school's delayed till 1am (but probably will be canceled by morning). I walked to the convenience store with some friends to get milk and wouldn't you know the power went out as soon as we walked up to the door. Then as we were walking back down the streets people were yelling at us from their porches to watch out for the power lines that had fallen down. But despite these things, good times were had by all.

Oh and did I mention the 16 year olds following us down the street trying to get us to hang out with them? HA.

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

We lost power at 11 last night and just got it back...I never realize how helpless I am till something like that happens.

I love it when the power goes out, it removes distractions.

I woke up this morning to a world encased in ice. I fell down three times, on concrete, trying to scrape the ice off my car and both my doors were frozen shut. I had to pour hot water on the door seam to pry it open.

And school wasn't even cancelled! wtf.

Can someone tell me why it's snowing everywhere BUT here?! We have nice 90mph winds though, goody. Come on now! Confused JEALOUSY...

Also, my dad severely sprained his ankle in our driveway. Yeah...in PA where they have ankle sprain-worthy snow and ice. I think this means I'll be the one sawing down the Christmas tree this year....

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

Can someone tell me why it's snowing everywhere BUT here?! We have nice 90mph winds though, goody. Come on now! Confused JEALOUSY...

Ha ha, even in Texas. Razzer