Sign in to follow this  
Donna

Winter.

quote:
Originally posted by Sugardrive:

em-you can come visit and shovel our snow. Smiler we're getting 4 more inches today and we have a nice long driveway for your shoveling enjoyment. <3

*Books flight*

It's raining, half ice, half snow, to the point where I could take my puppy out for a pee, but we'd get tiny pieces of ice in our eyes, and there's snow either blowing up from the ground or it's half ice rain half snow... delay tomorrow hopefully. I mean, the sidewalks are WAY icy, and you GOTTA think about all the kids who need to WALK to school... they'll have mercy on us. Off would be even better, but too much to hope for. Begin to hope- for a day off from school. Oh, wow, ranting, I'm done now Smiler

Another day, another chance to die. Sorry about all the ranting, but I have to get it out. Once again attempting to get to work today nearly killed me. Roads were decent until I went on the bypass. It became instantaneously dark (due to the time of day and the snow) and was a complete whiteout. Honestly, in my life I have never ever driven in such wretchedness. I have 4 wheel drive and wasn’t really having any trouble maneuvering in the 2-3 inches of snow on the road, but I couldn’t see anything! I couldn’t even tell if I was on the road or not. Then, a bunch of cars that were following the plow, which was going really slow, decide to pass it. Since I was already late for work I decided to join them in their stupidity. Let’s just say that was a MAJOR mistake. *Word to the wise- keep following the plow no matter what if weather conditions are such that you fear death. I made it to work without wrecking or anything, but it was terrifying and I couldn’t stop shaking for like a half hour. This is at #2 on my list of times I truly believed I might die…

I think I need to send some of my weather to all of you. We -just- turned our air over to heat and the highs have been in the 70s! Today the high is 61...and we consider that cold haha. I used to hate that it never snows here, but now I'm starting to appreciate it...I don't court death everytime I need to run an errand!

quote:
Originally posted by Sugardrive:

yeah we have a load of snow, too...bus. i wonder if you've gotten what we had. i'll assume you live on the east coast or michigan?

Yep, I live in Massachusetts. We got TONS of snow. :[ annoying.