Sign in to follow this  
Bonzomaniac

Music from the past

Oooooh, I am a huge Neil Young fan. Love his voice, his music, lyrics, everything.

I think After the Gold Rush is one of those rare albums on which every single song is excellent. And Harvest is near perfect, too.

Awhile back I found a used copy of Neil Young Unplugged. Love it!! Esp. the wonderful: "Long May You Run."

Many of you have voiced your like for one of the greatest albums of all time, Pink Floyd's - Dark Side Of The Moon.

One of my favorite tracks on the album is Great Gig In The Sky. Clare Torry, the woman responsible for the vocal on that track, did a phenomenal job. All sorts of stories surround that vocal. Things like she was told to pretend she was experiencing an orgasm and not to use words. That she nailed it in one take and blew everyone away. That the very end of the song was sped up slightly because of the lack of space on vinyl albums etc.

While doing the youtube shuffle I happened to come across this woman Bianca Antoinette. Apparently she sometimes tours with an English cover group called Pink Fraud. She has come as close as humanly possible, i think, to that original vocal. Unfortunately the quality isn't the greatest and the crowd noise takes over at times. But if you like DSOTM do yourself a favor and check

out.

Here's someone that most people have never heard of: Judee Sill. She started out in the early 70s and released only two albums. She was never that successful and eventually ended up disappearing into obscurity where she died in 1979. Her story is really sad and if y'all are interested, you should look her up. But onto some songs....

Judee has a country folk-rock sound on her albums, though she sometimes did solo piano or guitar. She also used religious and occult imagery a lot in her songs. If you are to listen to at least one of her songs, listen to the live The Kiss.

The Kiss - Live '73

My Man On Love

quote:
Originally posted by BitsOfBone:

Jeepers! SO much music to find an enjoy.

George, I appsolutly love Barracuda by Heart. I might be forced to check out their other music. Big Grin

Manada, I hope you did check out their other stuff. It's so worth it. They have a rich catalog.

Meantime, I was shocked. On American Idol gives back Wednesday night, Heart performed your favorite Barracuda. Fergie, yes that Fergie, actually joined them, did the song some justice and did a couple of one handed cart wheels to boot....

Check out the vid just under the pic here:

http://www.popcrunch.com/heart-fergie-idol-gives-back-2...rracuda-performance/

Ann & Nancy still rock.......