Sign in to follow this  
dentistgirl

Jenny's got a new song

what happened to JOY?

i'm very open to artists tweaking their sound and evolving, but "Led to the Sea" is barely recognizable.

JOY's distinctive singing style is all but abandoned for a conventional pop vocal, and the production is very radio-friendly and boring...did Dan Romer do that??? it doesn't sound like him.

i can't believe how watered-down and boring that song is compared to anything on Batten the Hatches. it could just as easily be a Hilary Duff song.

oh well. maybe she'll make a lot of money with this. i wish her the best, but i think i'm going wait for some live versions of these songs...perhaps they will sound better than that calculated disaster of mediocrity and mainstream marketability.

Thanks srg! I like the new tune Smiler

A couple days ago I had nothing better to do than listen to Jenny's podcast she does with Bess Rogers and Andrew Futral. In the 5th episode they talk a bit about reginaSmiler This is topical because this is a regina spektor forum. Anywho here's the clip where they talk about regina. If you want to listen to the podcasts you can stream them all from the once more with feeling cast myspace page. They are basically just Jenny Bess and Andrew talking smack for 30-45 minutes with assorted guests. They tend to be a bit R rated.