Sign in to follow this  
dentistgirl

Jenny's got a new song

quote:
Originally posted by fidelity377:

JENNY REPLIED TO ME ON FACEBOOK. Eeker

I'm like crying right now! (of happiness!)

Big Grin

Haha, she replied to me too, right in the comments of the kickstarter thing... Originally I thought it would be perfect for Jenny to cover "Big Eater" by The Bad Plus, but lately I've been thinking (since she likes drawing dinosaurs so much) that maybe "Reginasaurus" should be the cover Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by eshbach:

quote:
Originally posted by fidelity377:

JENNY REPLIED TO ME ON FACEBOOK. Eeker

I'm like crying right now! (of happiness!)

Big Grin

Haha, she replied to me too, right in the comments of the kickstarter thing... Originally I thought it would be perfect for Jenny to cover "Big Eater" by The Bad Plus, but lately I've been thinking (since she likes drawing dinosaurs so much) that maybe "Reginasaurus" should be the cover Smiler

Someone asked Jenny on her formspring what her favorite reg songs were and the two I remember were Baobabs and Belt (don't remember the others, sorry!).

I think Jenny would do an incredible cover of Baobabs.

Squeeeee! I saw my first ever Jenny-as-a-headliner show last night! And, the best part, I WALKED to it from my apartment. Jenny was definitely amazing too. To kick off her current tour, she came alone to Cleveland. That's right, just her and the guitar. And I couldn't have been happier about that. The venue was very, extremely relaxed about everything, and there were only like 30 people there. However, per Jenny's request we all crowded right up next to the stage. She seemed nervous, which lead to a bunch of very random, meandering, hilarious stories loaded with her own brand of sarcasm. She acknowledged my/our presence to everyone and Dan Cho also got a shout out. Setlist was mostly from Transmitter Failure, but I was super super excited when she played Voice on Tape. She also took a (sort of) request for Drinking Song. She played a couple of new songs also. All in all, a great show. We talked to her afterwards and the whole night was just very relaxed and perfect.

I have some great videos that I'll share soon.

Every post you write, dentistgirl, impresses more than the last one and I am certain your videos will make my day.

I have now seen Jenny three times live (including the Dan Cho night), but could use a thousand more. I remain hugely jealous of the European audiences who got JOY/Regina concerts. Can't be a better evening of music imaginable, as far as I am concerned.