Sign in to follow this  
dentistgirl

Jenny's got a new song

That story is really good to hear. I'm headed to my first Jenny Show next Tuesday, and I'm a bit nervous about the venue (never having been there before). I hope it is just like your experience!

Before I see her again tomorrow, as promised, here are videos from the Cleveland show. In all their sideways extreme darkness and acoustic goodness, Enjoy!

Dissolve

If I Didn't Know

Jenny asking for water

English Lessons and Protestant Guilt

Voice on Tape

Lead to the Sea

**New Song

Last Person

**New Song

Hilarious Cleveland Story

Fuck Was I

Start + Stop

You are, without a doubt, a great human being (though not the human of the year). Maxwell's in Hoboken, eh? I would so much love to be there, but fairly certain that I cannot.

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

Before I see her again tomorrow, as promised, here are videos from the Cleveland show. In all their sideways extreme darkness and acoustic goodness, Enjoy!

Dissolve

If I Didn't Know

Jenny asking for water

English Lessons and Protestant Guilt

Voice on Tape

Lead to the Sea

**New Song

Last Person

**New Song

Hilarious Cleveland Story

Fuck Was I

Start + Stop

Just a heads up for everyone who might not be aware. Jenny Owen Youngs' new album An Unwavering Band of Light is out today! It's very cool and covers a lot stylistically so everyone should be able to fall in love with at least one song. =)

Also she's offering a free song download today. Born to Lose

ENJOY!!!

It is simply fantastic. As a kickstarter person, I got it both as it was released and an acoustic version. They both work on their own merit and sound almost as if they were different songs. Romer's version, with so much interesting stuff on it (the people who did not like th arrangements on Far will disagree, of course) is really top notch rock n' roll. The acoustic version of So Long has a piano that is very Regina-ish and, as such, burrows its way into your bones.

And, of course, there is plenty of ah-ah-ahs and oh-oh-ohs. I am imagining SUNY/Purchase had or has a course in tricky use of vocals....

And, of course, Reg has noted the new album on her Facebook page describing Jenny as "super-talented." 'Tis quite true, but it is fairly incredible that so many great musicians were at the same slightly obscure college at the same time.

A year with a new J.O.Y. and a new Regina to come. This is good.

Jamie, I've been listening to Born To Lose a lot, and I really love it! I decided to listen to a few of the songs on the actual album, and I haven't been pulled in quite yet, but I really, really like Pirates. It kind of took me by surprise actually!

Anyway, thought I'd let you know, lol. Big Grin