Sign in to follow this  
That Nice "A" Fella

Yummy Veggie Chili

Hi Soup-ies! This is my winter cold buster. Let me know if you like.

Andrew's Yummy Veggie Chili:

1 Clove garlic, chopped

2 Scallions, chopped

2 Green Onions chopped

3 Bell Peppers, sliced how you'd like

3 Big Carrots, sliced across

4 Stalks Celery, sliced across

1 Onion, chopped

1 Can Navy Beans

1 Can Pinto Beans

5 Fresh Tomatoes, chopped

1 Big Ass Can Chopped Tomatoes

1 Package Faux Sausage (smoked, etc) defrosted

1 Package Faux Ground Beef

Olive Oil

Salt

Pepper

Chili Powder

Grab a large cookpot, and throw in enough olive oil to coat the entire base. Heat the oil until you see some rippling at the top, then add garlic, scallions, and green onion. Agitate the goodies until they've browned a bit. Your kitchen should smell good at this point. If things smell burned, stop and start over.

Add your chopped onion, and cook until soft. Stir a lot. Remember, burning the food is bad. Next add the sliced carrots and celery and cook them until they are soft as well.

Now the fun begins. Add the fresh tomatoes and cook for a few minutes, until they get a bit mushy. Then add the canned tomatoes. Add chili powder to taste, then add salt and pepper too. Bring the whole mixture to a boil, then bring to a simmer.

Simmer for a half an hour (if you want a more tomato-ish chili, add a second large can of tomatoes and cook for 2 hours to reduce). Stir regularly to keep it from burning.

A few minutes before you've finished simmering the chili, slice up your fake sausage, and throw it in a pan with some olive oil. Brown it up quickly, then add it and your fake ground beef to the chili. While you're at it, add the beans. Cook for five more minutes, stirring frequently to prevent the faux meat from sticking to the bottom of the pot.

Guess what - you're ready to eat! Let me know if you like it :-)

-Andrew

Hi Soup-ies! This is my winter cold buster. Let me know if you like.

Andrew's Yummy Veggie Chili:

1 Clove garlic, chopped

2 Scallions, chopped

2 Green Onions chopped

3 Bell Peppers, sliced how you'd like

3 Big Carrots, sliced across

4 Stalks Celery, sliced across

1 Onion, chopped

1 Can Navy Beans

1 Can Pinto Beans

5 Fresh Tomatoes, chopped

1 Big Ass Can Chopped Tomatoes

1 Package Faux Sausage (smoked, etc) defrosted

1 Package Faux Ground Beef

Olive Oil

Salt

Pepper

Chili Powder

Grab a large cookpot, and throw in enough olive oil to coat the entire base. Heat the oil until you see some rippling at the top, then add garlic, scallions, and green onion. Agitate the goodies until they've browned a bit. Your kitchen should smell good at this point. If things smell burned, stop and start over.

Add your chopped onion, and cook until soft. Stir a lot. Remember, burning the food is bad. Next add the sliced carrots and celery and cook them until they are soft as well.

Now the fun begins. Add the fresh tomatoes and cook for a few minutes, until they get a bit mushy. Then add the canned tomatoes. Add chili powder to taste, then add salt and pepper too. Bring the whole mixture to a boil, then bring to a simmer.

Simmer for a half an hour (if you want a more tomato-ish chili, add a second large can of tomatoes and cook for 2 hours to reduce). Stir regularly to keep it from burning.

A few minutes before you've finished simmering the chili, slice up your fake sausage, and throw it in a pan with some olive oil. Brown it up quickly, then add it and your fake ground beef to the chili. While you're at it, add the beans. Cook for five more minutes, stirring frequently to prevent the faux meat from sticking to the bottom of the pot.

Guess what - you're ready to eat! Let me know if you like it :-)

-Andrew

quote:
Originally posted by That Nice "A" Fella:

No, while I aspired to the ranks of the soup-eratie, I was not able to attain such wondrous hights. I'm just a guy who like Regina and soup. Plus, I believe you can tell a lot about a person from their soup.

-Andrew

sounds like you are perfect for the forums! have a great time here and we all give you a warm, hearty, brumstix welcome!

and btw! that Chili sounds delicious! i take it you are a vegan/vegetarian?

Thank you for the warm welcome, Wonder Bread! It is so nice to be accepted Smiler

And no, not a vegan or vegetarian all the time, but I really like the taste of fresh vegetables, and this was my way of being able to enjoy all the good stuff from my garden without having the flavors covered up. Plus, for those who keep kosher, you can eat this and throw cheese on top without breaking the rules.

OK, that's all I can type right now. The train to St. Louis is moving and shaking, and if I keep typing I'm going to become part of a soup throwing contest. And I last ate soup hours ago. Ick.

-Andrew

Haha. Sorry I didn't give you a warmer welcome earlier. I just thought that was an unorthodox first post. I had this image of some crazy soup enthusiast skimming the internet for any place he could give his recipes...

But I can tell now that you will be a great addition to the Brumstix. I think we all like Regina and soup to some degree, and I think you will fit in perfectly.

Welcome to the family!

~Tyler

quote:
Originally posted by That Nice "A" Fella:

Thank you too, Crispy Crispy Benjamin Franklin! I'll do my best to be a model Brumstix citizen.

And how did you know that I sit all day, with knee length beard and wild hair, seeking new places to plant subversive soup recipes???

-Andrew

Haha... just a hunch...