Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

I'm checkin' it twice

Recommended Posts

quote:
Django = Доктор Живаго (Doctor Zhivago)

Haha, nicely done.

No, dentistgirl I'm only 21 and no Doogie Howser. That's what first came to mind and since my mind can't technically write I couldn't tell if it was saying patients or patience so I just wrote patient. And that's my explanation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by Django:

quote:
Django = Доктор Живаго (Doctor Zhivago)

Haha, nicely done.

No, dentistgirl I'm only 21 and no Doogie Howser. That's what first came to mind and since my mind can't technically write I couldn't tell if it was saying patients or patience so I just wrote patient. And that's my explanation.

Oh, it's ok Doc, I just got excited there for a second. Thought we might be able to commiserate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Oh, it's ok Doc, I just got excited there for a second. Thought we might be able to commiserate.

If everything goes well, in about 3 years I will be able to share your patient experiences, which still seems weird to me. How long have you been doing dentistry?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by Django:

If everything goes well, in about 3 years I will be able to share your patient experiences, which still seems weird to me. How long have you been doing dentistry?

Well this is only my first year of dental school. But we've already started doing some clinical stuff. For instance we spent 2 weeks placing sealents on 2nd and 6th graders. Talk about fun. Are you planning to go to med school?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Well this is only my first year of dental school. But we've already started doing some clinical stuff. For instance we spent 2 weeks placing sealents on 2nd and 6th graders. Talk about fun.

Haha, I sense some sarcasm on the end there. That's cool, though, any hands on work you can get is great. How long is the dental school program?

quote:
Are you planning to go to med school?

I’m in my last semester of pre-optometry and will be attending an optometry school the following semester. In my first year of pre-optometry I became good friends with an optometrist of 30 yrs that helps out at the University and he has pretty much set out everything I need to do. He even helped me shave a year off of the 4-year Optometry program by letting me know early about certified classes and interns I could take that are equivalent to the first year program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by Django:

I’m in my last semester of pre-optometry and will be attending an optometry school the following semester. In my first year of pre-optometry I became good friends with an optometrist of 30 yrs that helps out at the University and he has pretty much set out everything I need to do. He even helped me shave a year off of the 4-year Optometry program by letting me know early about certified classes and interns I could take that are equivalent to the first year program.

That's awesome. Although eyes have always freaked me out a bit, I don't know if I could do it. Dental school is 4 years. I pretty much did the same as you, in undergrad I interned with a dentist for all 4 years. So I've definitely got a lot more experience than most of my classmates. I'm sure you'll feel the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's see if he got all that he wanted last year Smiler

Roll call?

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

Disclaimer:

I hesitated to post this. Then thought WTF. It's all in fun. If you're not listed it's not because I hate you, forgot you, don't like you etc. It's because my memory sucks. Besides, lists can always be edited! Please, please don't feel slighted.

With that said, here's my shopping list, in no particular order, with only 4 days to go. Feel free to add your own.

Cynthia and Mariana (my Brazilian wenches)

Plane tickets, hotel and concert tickets to reg’s next performance.

Perks

Four year scholarship to The American University of Paris

Ronni

An on/off switch for her sister and a decent FM radio station.

mooebon

The responsibility for booking acts at McCarter and a new reg T

SOAS

Brunch with Bjork

BitsOfBone

A Driver’s license

PilingAndTwisting

A recording contract

Rawin

A non-lesbian woman to love

SqueakyCleanK

Appointment as den-mother of the local scout troop

Kaysntees

Canvas, pastels, charcoal and paint

Sugardrive

A fantastic wedding day

Suih

A wonderful host family

Dan The Man

A set of reg drumstix

Brenna

A bad case of reginitis for her mom

Rosa_de_ora

The $40 reg sweatshirt

Folding Chair

A book of Odd Habits

1953

A new pair of George Clooney Chuck Taylor’s and a pack of Pokemon cards

Busology82

Better on vinyl

Crispy Crispy Benjamin Franklin

A case of Mystic Pizza’s

Tearose

A breakthrough on Ehlers-Danlos

Dentistgirl

A hot oral maxillofacial surgeon to love

i like wonder bread

a homework/project free holiday

Dominic

A boinged zap

Django

A lump of coal, until he sends me his e-mail addy

Beechcraft Bonanza

A velvet Elvis

srg

Something reginka that he doesn’t already know

Eliana

A pair of heels so she can be as tall as reg

Bum bum bum

A working version of VLC

Morricone1900

The Official Volodya deciphering kit

Bartender

Official designation as the MVP reginka poster

LittleVoice

A bigger voice

Holdonyourhonour

A ukulele

PeterPan

A fiber optic network connection

Eshbach

A multi time zone watch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this