Sign in to follow this  
Brenna!

new year's resolutions

quote:
Originally posted by SocksOnRight:

Yay! I've been doing one so far... teaching myself piano...

(with a organ book that is 35+ years old and a kiddy keyboard, but it's a start!)

It is indeed a nice start Smiler Does the book contain information about basic music theory, both bass and treble clef and some basic terms?

Teach myself piano, (same as SocksOnRight). I bought a piano at an auction, I must be crazy because I don't even know how to play it.

And it's out of tune and I've been told I have to wait 6 weeks before it can be tuned for me.

I could find my violin and teach myself how to play that in the meantime.

Really, I just want to play a musical instrument of some sort and I don't really care what it is. Smiler

Maybe these are goals more than resolutions. The things I will try my besto to accomplish this year:

1. Buy an ukulele and learn how to play it. Because guitar has too many strings.

2. Do well at school, get goods marks from the matriculation exams in English and History.

3. Make an awesome choreography for my dance diploma.

4. Go to Hultsfred.

5. Be happy, love, take care of the old friendships and maybe make some new friends.

quote:
Originally posted by Silhouette:

quote:
Originally posted by SocksOnRight:

Yay! I've been doing one so far... teaching myself piano...

(with a organ book that is 35+ years old and a kiddy keyboard, but it's a start!)

It is indeed a nice start Smiler Does the book contain information about basic music theory, both bass and treble clef and some basic terms?

Yes, it does have a little... but I can read music... 5 years of playing the flute at school has paid off.