Sign in to follow this  
Brenna!

new year's resolutions

sad face, Jared-- but if you think that's the right thing to do then go for it! there's certainly nothing wrong with being single. I would know Wink

i guess it's not too late to make a resolution or two, so here're mine

1: be on time (lol great start, huh?)

i'm feelin' you, Henry Gale, with the procrastination and all.... so following my schedule is the subtext to this criteria

2: similarly, i intend to get all of my work done before a set time.

...let's say.. 7:30 pm. i think that's reasonable.

3: be at the gym at least 3 hours a week.

Over my month-long break, i didn't set foot in a gym, and, in keeping with such a rigorous health regimen, i kept weight off by eating lighter (a.k.a. skipping meals Red Face). Not good. So from now on, it's gym for stretching, weights, and running throughout the week.

4: get my GPA up... i can definitely do this, though i may drop a certain class and replace it with piano lessons. i know no history, and i think that'll hold me back in this class. And i don't want a C or worse. because i'd like to not be kicked out of school..... Roll Eyes

lastly:

5: read my Bible every day.

with a minimum of 4 times a week, being reasonable. This one's less pressing, but still important-i need to get centered and spend some one-on-one time with Jesus... none of my close friends on-cmapus are even christians, so i really need to buckle down and adjust my perspective. too much of my flesh is obstructing my view..

i think i'll be able to handle all of these.. maybe not to a T, but close enough, eh?

EDIT: permission was granted for this past Christmas' present to include a trip to see my favorite Jewish songstress, so of course i'd like to cash that in before the year's up... maybe i'll drag the roommie along. Smiler

My preacher (on people who try to "save themselves" by working their way into heaven): "You think you have the resolve to refrain from sinning? You think you can save yourself from your sin? Think about that- you can't even save yourself from too much sweet potato pie on thanksgiving, amen? Y'all tried to make that new year's resolution to eat healthier, but how many have you kept all year? None. Amen."

lol i love him..

Before I officially make mine for 2011, I'm gonna look over the ones I made last year:

quote:
1. Be more spontaneous! If I end up embarrassing myself, so be it.

2. Be less hard on myself. I'm actually kind of awesome; I just need to realize it.

3. Improve time management skills. Seriously, how many hours do I just waste?

4. Read more. I almost never read lately and it's pathetic.

5. Quit this "people-pleasing" thing I do. I can't make everyone happy, and the way I'm handling things right now is creating "mixed loyalties."

6. Be more patient with my family.

1. I think I definitely accomplished this. Smiler

2. I've made some improvements in this area too.

3. Hey I've done this too! Well, partially: whereas I used to just constantly waste time, I now go through spurts: a week of stunning productivity followed by a week of sitting at my desk and staring.

4. I've read more in 2010 than in any other year. I've sort of let it drop off lately, but from a full-year perspective, I definitely accomplished this one.

5. Hmmm this one actually got a lot worse... I'll be sure to carry it over to 2011.

6. No comment.

quote:
Originally posted by almostspotless:

1. Eat less ice cream.

2. Manage to say something to Regina other than, "Would you mind taking a quick picture? Thank you so so much."

3. Horsey stuffs of all kind.

Failed on all three accounts.

Except perhaps the horsey thing. :P

quote:

quote:

1. Eat less ice cream.

2. Manage to say something to Regina other than, "Would you mind taking a quick picture? Thank you so so much."

3. Horsey stuffs of all kind.

Failed on all three accounts.

Except perhaps the horsey thing. :P

I thought the ice cream obsession was your trade mark :P