Sign in to follow this  
LittleVoice

Ever Been Banned?

I am in the onerous position of just having been banned by a "Tuppenny Ha'penny Forum" in the UK, allegedly devoted to Katie Melua. Frowner

Sweet Katie had an "Official Forum" until just a month or so ago, when it was abruptly closed down, without a moment's notice or any explanation! Eeker

I was proud of being "Top Poster" on that Forum with ~ 6,500 posts, over a period of four years, so I was devastated when it imploded! Confused

To seek solace, I muscled in on the Unofficial Forum and was not welcomed there, then finally got banned (allegedly for two weeks) after a nasty Private Message from a Moderator on Christmas Day of all days, which upset me, then when I remonstrated with the Moderator, she took even more umbrage and the Forum Administrator stepped in and "BANNED ME"! Red Face

Have any Members on here been banned from a Forum and please advise me, should I attempt to go back on that Forum that has put me in the Sin Bin? Cool

I am in the onerous position of just having been banned by a "Tuppenny Ha'penny Forum" in the UK, allegedly devoted to Katie Melua. Frowner

Sweet Katie had an "Official Forum" until just a month or so ago, when it was abruptly closed down, without a moment's notice or any explanation! Eeker

I was proud of being "Top Poster" on that Forum with ~ 6,500 posts, over a period of four years, so I was devastated when it imploded! Confused

To seek solace, I muscled in on the Unofficial Forum and was not welcomed there, then finally got banned (allegedly for two weeks) after a nasty Private Message from a Moderator on Christmas Day of all days, which upset me, then when I remonstrated with the Moderator, she took even more umbrage and the Forum Administrator stepped in and "BANNED ME"! Red Face

Have any Members on here been banned from a Forum and please advise me, should I attempt to go back on that Forum that has put me in the Sin Bin? Cool

Just to put my last post into context, Katie's Official Forum was closed down just days before she got her very first Number 1 single in the UK Official Singles Chart! Confused

I just watched Katie on the UK's top TV Music Programme from the past, "TOP OF THE POPS", which was also closed down over a year ago, but came back as a "Christmas Special" for Xmas Day itself, go here

Roll Eyes

I was banned, but I deserved it, so you know...

Go back with a clean start - give it a little time beforehand, because forum members' memory about other forum members is pretty short. (unless they're all like andreseng)

I also suggest apologizing for whatever you did, even if you don't feel like you should have to. The receiving end of an apology doesn't care if you think it's unfair, they just accept and appreciate a polite request for forgiveness.

edit.

and yeah, Katie Melua's pretty all right.

My main problem is that having been "Top Poster", by a country mile, on Katie's Official Forum and having seen her LIVE seven times now, with audiences ranging from just FIVE members of the public to ~ 3,000 at Wembley Arena, then having chatted to her a couple of times, I just cannot go back on my knees and grovel, as I feel very unfairly treated by some quite "Jealous Guys", to quote the late, great John Lennon! Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Donna:

(unless they're all like andreseng)

Cool i had to let out a laugh at that one.

quote:
Originally posted by Donna:

Contact me at loveshackbabyblue@yahoo.com and i will fill you in on what you should do.

i had to let out a laugh at that one. Cool

quote:

Omg I don't know what I would do with myself it that happened here!

How sad is that, when did I turn into such brumstixs dependent?