Sign in to follow this  
LittleVoice

Ever Been Banned?

Hilo HotMuffin! Welcome to the 'stix! I hope you stick around. I was never on the Katie Melua forum, so I can't really answer your question. But out of interest, did you try to join any other Katie Melua forums?

Also, I'm kind of curious, could you go to this thread and explain your name there?

http://reginaspektor.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/454107688/m/3211047342

Once again, welcome! Big Grin

Hello HotMuffin, nice to see you, to see you nice. Smiler

Both Katie Melua & Mike Batt have written blogs since they closed their Official Forum and neither mentioned it at all, so sadly that is that, kaput, finito, deceased, dead and gone! Frowner

I never came across a Forum like that, where a minority of members conducted a continual battle with the Mentor of the Artist that the forum was designed for! Confused

Mike Batt also paid for that Forum's administration then got abuse for his songwriting, for not letting Katie write more of her songs and so on, all of which I found quite crazy, as I have been a devotee of Mike Batt for over three decades and consider him to be a Musical Genius! Confused

For information to Brumstix Members, HotMuffin, like myself, was suspected of secretly sending Cakes/Muffins through the post to Katie on a regular basis! Eeker

Neither of us was the culprit, who was never identified, even though he must have been covered from head to toe in flour! Big Grin

I've never been banned, but have been the cause of other people getting banned on a guitarists forum because I said/did something those guys thought to be ridiculous and they began to spam insults and became very unfriendly.

It was either about some artist/band held in high esteem by the banned (me not liking him/them) or because of my first "sub-standard" recordings I posted there for feedback, which were indeed, not very good, but not so bad that people should begin to curse and swear and insult the creator (diseases, genetic/mental disabillities and various cuss words featured in their commentaries)...

oh well, it was a long time ago...

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

Ok, I've just been banned from another Tori Amos forum for criticizing one of her albums. I made no personal attacks on her. The idiots.

Wow, this is shocking. I can't imagine why they would do something like this to you. Isn't this like the third one now? Hmmmmm.

You made no personal attacks on Tori? The injustice of it all. Call a cop, you've been robbed.

How many times did you bash her politics or choices of so called left-wing causes? Which by the way, some people might consider a personal attack. How many times did you critique someone on the boards life style choices or call someone some type of derogatory, bigoted or insulting name?

The injustice of it all......

Roll Eyes

MusicLover_2007 is your recent outburst of uncouth comments and opinions some kind of outreach for attention? Because you've really had nothing constructive to say lately. And you know it. We had a little pitty party for you on the "Ah! Nobody likes me here." thread where people tried to explain to you how you come across on the boards, but obviously it was nothing more than you fishing for compliments; and yet you still continue the same rude behavior. You seem somewhat proud of the fact you were banned from a Tori forum and I see that you have plastered yet another "suck" thread in the Rants section (On ICP for that matter!). I'm not busting your butt over this but I am giving you a serious realization- your argumentative posting is becoming very irratating. And I believe I have other stixers who will agree with me. I support your right of free speech but I don't feel you have the right to post comments that are meant to intentionally get a rise out of people, especially on regina's brumstix.

I'm not calling you out and if this makes you angry then I'm sorry but you've taken it the wrong way. I'm telling you this so maybe you will realize the conduct you've been presenting on the stix lately and hopefully choose to be a little more respektful.

quote:
Originally posted by leaves:

MusicLover_2007 is your recent outburst of uncouth comments and opinions some kind of outreach for attention? Because you've really had nothing constructive to say lately. And you know it. We had a little pitty party for you on the "Ah! Nobody likes me here." thread where people tried to explain to you how you come across on the boards, but obviously it was nothing more than you fishing for compliments; and yet you still continue the same rude behavior. You seem somewhat proud of the fact you were banned from a Tori forum and I see that you have plastered yet another "suck" thread in the Rants section (On ICP for that matter!). I'm not busting your butt over this but I am giving you a serious realization- your argumentative posting is becoming very irratating. And I believe I have other stixers who will agree with me. I support your right of free speech but I don't feel you have the right to post comments that are meant to intentionally get a rise out of people, especially on regina's brumstix.

I'm not calling you out and if this makes you angry then I'm sorry but you've taken it the wrong way. I'm telling you this so maybe you will realize the conduct you've been presenting on the stix lately and hopefully choose to be a little more respektful.

You see that's the rub. What's respektful to you is oppressive to me. Basically it involves me keeping utterly silent, because if I dare utter a contrary opinion I'm labeled:

derogatory, bigoted or insulting, etc...

When did I ever call anyone a name? Of course daring to criticize something to liberals is the definition of bigotry I've learned...

quote:
Originally posted by LittleVoice:

I am in the onerous position of just having been banned by a "Tuppenny Ha'penny Forum" in the UK, allegedly devoted to Katie Melua. Frowner

Sweet Katie had an "Official Forum" until just a month or so ago, when it was abruptly closed down, without a moment's notice or any explanation! Eeker

I was proud of being "Top Poster" on that Forum with ~ 6,500 posts, over a period of four years, so I was devastated when it imploded! Confused

Quality of posts and quantity of posts are two very different things. If posting large, off-topic images can be construed as quality posts, then you are definitely "Top Poster".

quote:
To seek solace, I muscled in on the Unofficial Forum and was not welcomed there, then finally got banned (allegedly for two weeks) after a nasty Private Message from a Moderator on Christmas Day of all days, which upset me, then when I remonstrated with the Moderator, she took even more umbrage and the Forum Administrator stepped in and "BANNED ME"! Red Face

You were welcomed there, until some of your off-topic posts were moderated, at which time you started throwing a tantrum. You got banned because you posted confidential, private messages between you and the moderator out into the public forum. Simple as that. You were then banned subsequently after you were told not to circumvent your ban by creating multiple accounts. Follow the board rules, and everyone wins.

BTW. Welcome to Meluaworld. Enjoy your stay. Smiler