Sign in to follow this  
Em Mitchell

Come into my world..

Okay, one thing that pretty much every listener to Regina's songs notices is her use of imagination in creating new characters. Unless you think she's delusional and actually thinks she's a king's 32nd son or whatever. Anyway, I was trying to think of a thread idea to do with our imaginations, but I can't really be creative on demand, so here's what I came up with.

I want you each to imagine that you are one of the characters in Regina's songs. Your choice, and it doesn't have to be a main character (from example Barbara in Chemo Limo). You can make a giant story, or even a small paragraph, and the rest of us have to guess who it is. The correct guess then moves it on. How does that sound? I'll start us off with

(This is a letter, but you don't have to do it like this)

"To Regina,

I am writing to you to wish you my best regards. My son's piece of work turned out much better than expected, and I hope that your love will continue to blossom. You've inspired my son a great deal, and he has come out of a rather dark period. He's now a changed man, and I hope his work shall inspire others further. Thank you"

Okay, one thing that pretty much every listener to Regina's songs notices is her use of imagination in creating new characters. Unless you think she's delusional and actually thinks she's a king's 32nd son or whatever. Anyway, I was trying to think of a thread idea to do with our imaginations, but I can't really be creative on demand, so here's what I came up with.

I want you each to imagine that you are one of the characters in Regina's songs. Your choice, and it doesn't have to be a main character (from example Barbara in Chemo Limo). You can make a giant story, or even a small paragraph, and the rest of us have to guess who it is. The correct guess then moves it on. How does that sound? I'll start us off with

(This is a letter, but you don't have to do it like this)

"To Regina,

I am writing to you to wish you my best regards. My son's piece of work turned out much better than expected, and I hope that your love will continue to blossom. You've inspired my son a great deal, and he has come out of a rather dark period. He's now a changed man, and I hope his work shall inspire others further. Thank you"

I absolutely love the idea of this thread. I hope Katy elects to continue. She's so creative anyway. Nice going Em.

Unlike some of our other guess threads I think it will be important for the person guessing to wait for confirmation prior to placing their own just as Katy has done.

I was thinking about this while I was at the dentist today, of course I'll continue it! Hmmm...

Ok, so a lot of characters don't have a name, is it ok to answer in "so and so from this song" format?

Moving on, here's my submission: I don't know why he's so hard on me, I'm just like any other girl my age! The norms of what a young lady is supposed to look like these days are so grossly unrealistic that I can't help but feel a little insecure.

I was going to add more but that would be waaay too easy, its already pretty easy to begin with Wink

Wow I really don't know. I only have the latest three albums. Well, I've downloaded a LOAD of other songs but haven't been able to listen to them yet. I've had my new iPod for a week and already I've managed to break it twice. I'm smart.

quote:
Originally posted by Em Mitchell:

Wow I really don't know. I only have the latest three albums. Well, I've downloaded a LOAD of other songs but haven't been able to listen to them yet. I've had my new iPod for a week and already I've managed to break it twice. I'm smart.

don't worry. i know every song by heart, and i still can't figure it out.

Hahaha perks you're cool. I reckon we should go all detective on her ass. I reckon "I'm just like any other girl my age!" is pretty key. Perhaps it's about a daughter? (Made me think Pavlov's but the rest doesn't really fit in my head, maybe because I don't quite get that song) But the rest of the song implies that "he" is a lover. Hmmm..