Sign in to follow this  
LittleVoice

Long Walks & Strange Dogs!

Why is it that whenever I feel the urge to take a long walk in the surrounding Countryside, I eventually come across a Strange Dog who rushes me, with the owner smilingly exclaiming,

"He won't hurt you, he is just having a bit of fun"! Eeker

When the Mutt finally takes his wet nose out of your crotch and jumps all over you, just what are you supposed to do, to retain an iota of dignity? Red Face

This morning a veritable Hannibal Lechter of Dogs molested me and how the hell could I argue with that Monster? Mad

DSC05303.jpg

Why is it that whenever I feel the urge to take a long walk in the surrounding Countryside, I eventually come across a Strange Dog who rushes me, with the owner smilingly exclaiming,

"He won't hurt you, he is just having a bit of fun"! Eeker

When the Mutt finally takes his wet nose out of your crotch and jumps all over you, just what are you supposed to do, to retain an iota of dignity? Red Face

This morning a veritable Hannibal Lechter of Dogs molested me and how the hell could I argue with that Monster? Mad

DSC05303.jpg

Thanks for that tip and I do carry a favourite walking stick. that I bought in the Hills of Portugal six years ago, but I tend to freeze when I get rushed by Strange Dogs! Eeker

The other animals I met yesterday morning, were more docile, particularly the horse in the blanket, who I named "The Tartan Wimp"! Big Grin

DSC05302.jpg

The thousands of sheep around here are all very quiet too! Smiler

DSC05300.jpg

It is so funny that you said that because I've had dogs and walks on my mind today. For years I've realized that going on walks every day is essential for my health, mental health I mean. I get time to be alone, sort stuff out in my mind, and generally just put life in perspective.

Well I always walk the same path depending on the animals I've seen. Like I'll walk down one path because there's a cat with a bum eye that loves to get a good petting, and one house has a really old golden retriever that sits in the corner of their fence in order to get a pet on the nose, and one house has two sweet dogs and a fence that allows me to see and communicate (read: give them kissy faces and look like a total weirdo)with them. And I'm so sad because I realized one of my stop's house is for sale!

I know that I should be more cautious with other people's pets and I would never rush an animal that obviously doesn't want to be messed with, but God I just freakin' love animals! And while at college I get so little contact with them!

LittleVoice: I would love to have the kind of walking paths you obviously have! Horses are such docile, sweet creatures. Sigh...wish I had a dog to pet right now haha.

the only thing that bothers me when i walk in the park is the occasional stalker-duck (the Canadian Geese are EVILLLL!!!!!!) or some *eww* used ... accessories.. on the ground. BUT continuing with the duck, they always think you have food or bread so they stalk you and try and eat your pockets!!

quote:
the Canadian Geese are EVILLLL!!!!!!

Hahaha, when I lived in Canada I never had a problem with them. I rarely saw them out of their Mighty Ducks formation in the sky or at a distance while at the park, but while living here in the U.S. I'll go running and they form a line across the jogging trail and if you go near them they actually stick their tongues out and hiss, it's messed up. I always run at night and one time I literally had to hurdle them because I didn't notice them soon enough and it was either diving into a bunch of trees or taking the leap of faith. They all freaked out, but I made it out unharmed. I keep imagining that I'm going to go one night and they are all going to have mini leather jackets on and I'm gonna get a sharpened feather pulled on me. These particular ones have been spending too much time in parts of downtown Chicago...or I've watched The Outsiders too many times, it's one of the two.