Sign in to follow this  
Donna

backing up files to cd....

youre right SAOS.

my post wasnt meant to target any one person, and i think it could come across that way. so let me elaborate by explaining that i was just using donna's thread as an example to back up the point i was trying to convey. not to point my finger specifically at her. there isnt one person to blame, and thats not what any of us are trying to do.

Oh dear. That was awkward. I understand that you don't want clutter, and neither do I, but rather than asking her to not post at all couldn't you have asked her to post in Bulletin Posts? I mean, that's what it's for.

I know none of you were targeting Donna. And I like you all. But couldn't you have used some tact and realised that even if that wasn't your intention, Donna was going to read it with it sounding like she was being targeted. It happens a few times when new members come on and start a new thread which has already been covered. You politely tell them where to say it. I don't think the replies in this thread were tactful, and I know I'm quite new, but I just think we should use our manners more. That's my opinion.

quote:
Originally posted by Em Mitchell:

asking her to not post at all

that message was nowhere in my post and i would not wish that for anyone. i love for everyone to contribute and have the right to post, but my point was that it was begining to hinder others who wish to use the forum.

quote:

use our manners more. That's my opinion.

im sorry that you feel that i was being rude, and im sorry that donna also got that impression but really i wasn't. because text lacks inflection i even wrote specifically

quote:
I'm saying none of this in anger
it is MY opinion that I was very just and phrased the letter very delicately in order to get a mature response and a response just as respectful as i gave to Donna.

but sadly, as i suspected that is not what i recieved. I am sad that there is one less person to share our regina news and excitement with but to be perfectly honest i'm not going to cry myself to sleep because i brought this to her attention and it upset her.

the fact of the matter is that Donna has created as many disruptances off the forum as on. Only a month ago it had been brought to my attention that in her myspace blog she has been writting very disrespectful blogs about these fine people of brumstix. Still, I held my tongue and said nothing but just a few nights ago while talking with others I realized that many people were tired of combing through the nonsense of the forum, so i decided to be mature about the situtation and bring it to Donna's attention that it is not very well appreciated by everyone.

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

quote:

asking her to not post at all

that message was nowhere in my post and i would not wish that for anyone. i love for everyone to contribute and have the right to post, but my point was that it was begining to hinder others who wish to use the forum.

quote:

use our manners more. That's my opinion.

im sorry that you feel that i was being rude, and im sorry that donna also got that impression but really i wasn't. because text lacks inflection i even wrote specifically

quote:
I'm saying none of this in anger
it is MY opinion that I was very just and phrased the letter very delicately in order to get a mature response and a response just as respectful as i gave to Donna.

but sadly, as i suspected that is not what i recieved. I am sad that there is one less person to share our regina news and excitement with but to be perfectly honest i'm not going to cry myself to sleep because i brought this to her attention and it upset her.

the fact of the matter is that Donna has created as many disruptances off the forum as on. Only a month ago it had been brought to my attention that in her myspace blog she has been writting very disrespectful blogs about these fine people of brumstix. Still, I held my tongue and said nothing but just a few nights ago while talking with others I realized that many people were tired of combing through the nonsense of the forum, so i decided to be mature about the situtation and bring it to Donna's attention that it is not very well appreciated by everyone.

i completely agree. and this attempt to prove our point numbers at about the 50th time. seriously.. i realize i havent been as polite and reserved about what i had to say as some of you have, and i truly am sorry to any that have been offended by it.but it really is in AND outside of the forum. and so many of us have just gotten so fed up with it. sometimes being reserved and sugar coating what you have to say doesnt get you anywhere. sometimes you just have to be straightforward and completely honest and blunt about what youre saying. this is one of those situations.

none of us are just rude people by nature. we dont go hunting for members to patronize, and if we decide to come out and say something its most likely in good sense and with good reason.

donna was making things harder for a lot of people on the forum. she was way too sensitive. we asked her many times before to try to refrain from making pointless threads and everytime we did she was insulted.

All I have to say is that if it was just the multitude of unnecessary threads the problem would've been far less bothersome. I can't speak for the myspace blog because I haven't read it, but Donna had personally imed me with negative messages about members of the board to the point where I finally blocked her. It's one thing to over create threads, it's a whole other to bad mouth people you don't even truly know behind their back.