Stepped On A Syringe

Good News Thread!

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie R.:

Every summer for a week in June, my church puts on a little drama/music camp for elementary schoolers. Today, we were having snack and I was awkwardly sitting in front of them while they ate, and no one was really talking. Then one girl raised her hand and was like, "What's your favorite band?" I said, "Does it have to be a band?" She said no, so I name-dropped Regina. I'm so proud of myself for exposing the name to 40+ kids ages 6-12. Big Grin

I hope they all went home & looked her up on the computer. Smiler

Next time Regina comes round these parts, my grandmother has announced that she would like to stay and meet her. She's 80, and she saw Regina for the first time in October, and adored her to no end. I'm so proud.

edit: I do not know how to not sound like a douche bag on the internet. Maybe I am just a douche bag. :/

At the senior awards banquet last night, I was awarded the Chopin Award for Piano! I was surprised cuz the music department hasn't given that award in years, which, as I later found out, was apparently because no one's really deserved it. Lol. I got a most lovely plaque. Smiler

Congrats Jared!!! Good news for today... well I've had a nice Saturday. I went walking, it was nice outside, I had a very nice breakfast and lunch, and I got to play with my pups that I got back at memorial day for about 2 hours! Nothing out of the ordinary but it's alright with me Smiler.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

I was surprised cuz the music department hasn't given that award in years, which, as I later found out, was apparently because no one's really deserved it. Lol.

Eeker Wow, that is so cool! Congratulations.

quote:
Originally posted by mrimarokr:

Good news for today... well I've had a nice Saturday. I went walking, it was nice outside, I had a very nice breakfast and lunch, and I got to play with my pups that I got back at memorial day for about 2 hours! Nothing out of the ordinary but it's alright with me Smiler.

Ha ha, that sounds like good news to me. Cool