Stepped On A Syringe

Good News Thread!

I was driving somewhere for work today, and I drove by a Legolas Ln, Aragorn Dr, Elrond Ln, Elendil Ln, Hobbitshire Ln, Númenor Dr, Brandybuck Dr, Anduin Fals Dr, Elven Ln, Taransay Ct, Edinburgh Dr

Coolest neighborhood I've ever seen...

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

That's awesome! That is way cooler than the time I was driving through Brownville and noticed that I was on the corner of Brown Street and Brown Boulevard, and looked up to see the Brown Mansion.

Were there lots of cafes around? Razzer

(that was the corniest interlingual joke i have ever made. hahah Smiler )

my good news, a summer reading book was actually really good.

quote:
Originally posted by i like wonder bread:

my good news, a summer reading book was actually really good.

Then may I ask what book it was? I've been trying to figure out what book to read next for a while now (which includes getting a whole bunch of pretty much random titles from the library)

well, It wasn't all that great. haha! it was good for a summer reading book that is.

our list has 3 nonfics, and 2 fictions, and the book i finished was probably one of the better ones of the 5.

The good book, Nectar in a Sieve by Markala Kamandaya is a nonfic about the life of a woman in India. It was pretty interesting, but i'm not sure that i would recommend it due to it's differences to real life today. The book is about 20 or so years old.

The bad book, Terrorism's Challenge to Society, was generally.. boring.. i mean, they could've went at such an interesting topic in many different ways to make it great, but.. it just didn't hold my attention well. I even have friends from the middle east, and it didn't spark too much interest.

What kind of books do you like though? Smiler i'd be glad to recommend you a few!

Haha, oh, alright then! Books from school are usually not as good, true. Anyway if you would like to give me a few tips, that would be real nice. Doesn't really matter what it is... I'm not very perticular. Mosly I read classics, new and old (maybe not too old though...)

quote:
Originally posted by a jelly or a jam:

Haha, oh, alright then! Books from school are usually not as good, true. Anyway if you would like to give me a few tips, that would be real nice. Doesn't really matter what it is... I'm not very perticular. Mosly I read classics, new and old (maybe not too old though...)

There are lots of suggestions here for good books. (The brumstix motto should be, instead of "there's an app for that," "there's a topic for that!".)

quote:
Originally posted by almostspotless:

quote:

There are lots of suggestions here for good books. (The brumstix motto should be, instead of "there's an app for that," "there's a topic for that!".)

It should Smiler Actually, when you bring it up, I remember being on this topic a while ago. Didn't even think of looking around there... now I will Big Grin

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by almostspotless:

quote:

It should Smiler Actually, when you bring it up, I remember being on this topic a while ago. Didn't even think of looking around there... now I will Big Grin

My summer reading list is approximately 24 times longer thanks to that lovely topic. Smiler