Stepped On A Syringe

Good News Thread!

Today I volunteered at an AIDS Benefit concert/graffitti jam/ run-for-the-cure event. The only other student volunteer to show up was a grad student named Peter. He is one of those crazy people who works out a ton and only eats 150 grams of carbs a day and lives on whey powder and other protein drinks. He was nice though and fun to talk to, really smart too, like a dork-turned-workout-buff. The event was really cool, the best part was the graffitti artists. This guy who owns a couple of the buildings on the street painted the walls black and bought them all paints and stuff and let them have at them.

The best way to make an 18th birthday party memorable?

-Get your heart just a little more broken

-Distance yourself from the sadness...

-Just in time to walk into a surprise party that shows that your heart never should have broken in the first place.

Did i cry like a baby? Yes, yes i did.

Dinner with the fam this coming week. The first time since i was 12 that we'll all sit down like a family or something. This party has, perhaps unfortunately, given me high hopes for the family dinner. As long as we can avoid the topic or money, i think we'll be okay... Which means i'll need to have some topics prepared, or prepare for embarassment... and the worst birthday dinner ever. We'll see! Hopefully we'll all be in high spirits. Or get high and drink spirits. Razzer

Belle and Sebastian are coming to Brazil in November!!!!!!!!!!! Imma die! it's too much happiness for one year: Camera Obscura, Regina Spektor and Belle & Sebastian?

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by fidelity377:

I played my first live gig today and it was amazing. :')

Yay! Congrats! What do you play?

My good news is: I JUST FOUND OUT THAT NORAH JONES IS PLAYING A FREE CONCERT IN MY CITY!!!!!!!!!

I swear, I cried when I found out! Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Cynthia:

quote:
Originally posted by fidelity377:

I played my first live gig today and it was amazing. :')

Yay! Congrats! What do you play?

My good news is: I JUST FOUND OUT THAT NORAH JONES IS PLAYING A FREE CONCERT IN MY CITY!!!!!!!!! I swear, I cried when I found out! Smiler

I played:

Tori Amos - Winter

Sara Bareilles - Love Song

Christina Perri - Jar Of Hearts

The Fray - Over My Head

My cousin played:

Us - Regina Spektor

Folding Chair - Regina Spektor

The Chain - Ingrid Michaelson

Our band name was 'First Train Home' xD

We named it after an Imogen Heap song.

& omg. I would FLIP OUT if Norah Jones played a free concert in my city Big Grin HAVE A BLAST!