Stepped On A Syringe

Good News Thread!

Just got done with my school talent show....I performed The Flowers. I was SO nervous but pulled through with the song thankfully. A lot of people told me they liked my performance so that's my good news. I'll post a video if I can get one.

congrats Brady! Smiler It's always nice to pull through on a performance, especially when you're nervous! Way to rep Regina! Wink

I hope you do post a video-I really want to hear you do the song!

I'm super nervous-one of my classes this semester is Russian Drama Practicum or something.... Basically we've spent the majority of the semester discussing Chekhov's short stories and plays, then selected which ones we'd like to perform!

Our performance is a week from Tuesday... I'm just so nervous! In a good way, though. We've only had about three weeks to prepare from choosing scenes to writing them as scripts, assembling props, memorizing lines, etc... It's been wild. But i think we'll be ready. And it's been a lot of fun Smiler

Wish us luck!

I have millions of rants in store, for this spring hasn't been and won't be very nice to me, but instead of ranting I'm going to inform you that I'm off to Paris tomorrow! Any tips about what I should do in there?

quote:
Originally posted by Brady:

Just got done with my school talent show....I performed The Flowers. I was SO nervous but pulled through with the song thankfully. A lot of people told me they liked my performance so that's my good news. I'll post a video if I can get one.

Congratulations, Brady! I would really like to see your performance, too! Let us know if somebody captured it. Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people:

I'm super nervous-one of my classes this semester is Russian Drama Practicum or something.... Basically we've spent the majority of the semester discussing Chekhov's short stories and plays, then selected which ones we'd like to perform!

Our performance is a week from Tuesday... I'm just so nervous! In a good way, though. We've only had about three weeks to prepare from choosing scenes to writing them as scripts, assembling props, memorizing lines, etc... It's been wild. But i think we'll be ready. And it's been a lot of fun Smiler

Wish us luck!

I love Chekhov! He is one of my favorite Russian writers. We read a lot of his short stories back in high school.

What story/scene is your play based on? Good luck!!

quote:
Originally posted by rainna:

I have millions of rants in store, for this spring hasn't been and won't be very nice to me, but instead of ranting I'm going to inform you that I'm off to Paris tomorrow! Any tips about what I should do in there?

'I love Paris in the rain...' This is so exciting! Big Grin

I don't know what tips to give... Take many pictures, enjoy that beautiful city and French people! I love their language. It sounds like a song to me... I would just go there to listen to them talking. Have an amazing time!

Nicole had a set at the PIFA Festival today, so I got the missing signature on my jacket (as the weather finally cooperated with her gig schedule)... so I think the jacket is complete unless anyone has any other suggestions...

jacket_small.png

(Click to Enlarge)

quote:
Originally posted by Ксения:

I love Chekhov! He is one of my favorite Russian writers. We read a lot of his short stories back in high school.

What story/scene is your play based on? Good luck!!

Thanks, Ksenia! The performance went well! We did several of the short stories: The little trilogy (Man in a case, gooseberries, and about love), boring story, the little joke, anyuta, and sleepy. Everyone says it went well, and since most of us weren't actors, many people said they were surprised by how good the production was Razzer Which is either the meanest compliment, or the nicest insult.. i'm not sure which haha

quote:
Originally posted by bum bum bum:

I'd say it's missing Dave, K, and Kimya Dawson.

Funny you should mention Kimya; Jack and I were talking about the fact that Kimya's scribble was missing, and offered to get it her to sign it for me the next time he saw her. I seriously considered it for like a week, but the point isn't just haven't a jacket with a bunch of names scribbled on it, it's to have that interaction and seeing them react to the other names and decide what to do... so I declined.

One day I will just go see Kimya and hope to find her after the show and then the problem will be solved.

Another person I'm considering (even though she doesn't fit the theme at all) is Katy Gunn, just because she's so damn cool and talented, but completely under-appreciated.

And finally, since I recently learned that Chelsea Lynn La Bate did in fact know Regina and "Samson" (whom she adamantly refuses to disclose!) AND she did a duet with Mike Grubs who just toured with Jenny and released a COVER OF 'Led To The Sea' -- So I think Chelsea would be a solid one to get -- If only she hadn't moved to Asheville! Come back Chelsea, I miss you -- your smile, your eyes, your funny ears, your supple bosom and distaste for bras -- A package that clearly belongs in NYC not Asheville!

I think Kimya is doing a show with Aesop Rock in NY sometime the next few weeks. I know next Thursday they're supposed to be in Boston..

I've never heard of Katy Gunn or Chelsea Lynn La Bate. I'll have to check them out.. I'm starting to feel like all my favorite artists are introduced to me because of associations with Regina or one of her musician friends and/or Brumstix. lol