Stepped On A Syringe

Good News Thread!

^ Ah that sounds awesome and obviously very convenient. That's cool that you're attending a musician school as well. I wish to also do the same. Smiler

I finally got a job! I have been working in a graveyard for a week now, doing gardening. And oh yes, I have met the gravediggers. I'm definitely keeping an eye on them whenever they are working close to my group... Smiler

^Congrats. I *almost* have job too!

But the real reason I came on this thread is to say- one of my very good friends, who I've known since kindergarden, had a baby today!!! Elaine Ruby "Ellie", 9lbs 5oz (whoa). She's so cute; I can't wait to see her in real life. Smiler This makes me happy.

Good news abound!

1. I got a 34 on the ACT first try!!! Big Grin

2. I got accepted into a very selective medical volunteering program

3. I passed all of my AP exams!

4. I got to tour one of the top ten colleges in the nation! (So excited for the future. As of now I have mail from 62 different colleges!)

5. I'm so excited for my upcoming junior year Smiler AP Honors ho!

Big Grin so excited for the future!

Quit my Great Wolf Job, last day is Friday! Then it's straight to a family reunion followed by a canoe trip with my father in Algonquin park, followed by about a week off during which I hope to:

1 - go to Ontario Place with some friends

2 - Stay at Great Wolf Lodge with boyfriend, boyfriends mom, and at least one of his siblings (5-year-old sister)

3 - go to the Toronto zoo

FOLLOWED BY the much anticipated TRIP TO BOTSWANA Smiler

(followed by moving to Ottawa for school in the fall)

Whoooooot.

Congratulations are in order, i like wonder bread. That's really great. Well done on all your hard work along the way. For a first try, that's even more impressive. I bet you could get a perfect 36 on your second try?

I visited my sister and her husband (whose a post-doc researcher at Hah-vard) in Boston a couple weeks ago during vacation and then visited the in-laws in Connecticut. We made an obligatory stop at Yale University in New Haven, CT, and oh my, it is such a beautiful campus. The buildings and the libraries and the architecture looks so grand and rich. There were some interesting modernist-styled buildings too.

Where ever you go, I wish you well in all your endeavors. I'm sure you'll enjoy the different places and the lovely people. But for now, soak up the fun in high school.

PS, there's a Brümstix questionnaire somewhere around here if you wanna re-introduce yourself to some of the young blood around here (including myself).

the monster in your closet: Have fun traveling and good luck in your life anew in Ottawa!

I replied to the thread you recommended! Thanks, it was interesting to read about all you nifty folk on here.

That's incredible! The packets Yale send me make me want to cry because I know I could never afford such a beautiful education. Oh to be middle class American. Haha. If only Princeton could let me in for free. Life would be absolutely perfect then! Smiler

I'm going to try my best to get whatever scholarships I can to every university I apply to and the weigh the price/quality factor into it. I still need to take the SAT as well.. Eek.

quote:
Originally posted by i like wonder bread:

If only Princeton could let me in for free. Life would be absolutely perfect then! Smiler

Princeton won't let you in for free. But they do have quite the endowment and are usually very helpful to those that need it. Don't write it off. Continue the process. You never know...Good luck! Cool