Stepped On A Syringe

Good News Thread!

Lennonist, my friend, let me say again that I'm very glad I could introduce you to something you like so much. As for over-analysing situations, being too self-conscious and self-critical, well we all do that. Heck, you saw my posts in Wee Rants the other week. If anyone is crazy self-critical it's me. But fashion, if you're into it, can be fun - should be fun - don't stress too much about that, is all I mean. If you have fun with it you're guaranteed to look cool Wink

In any case, you seem like a cool kid. On, and offline. Awkward quirky overthinking-ness is what makes you the Cool Kid that you are, lables are hard to avoid, so maybe just say the things you want to say, listen to what you like, dress how you want, and when the lables come around just go with it, because that's not the important part here Smiler

Oh and man "I liked liking bands before they were popular before it was popular" is so quoteworthy. Facebook status or signature it or something, it's gold!

quote:
Originally posted by bum bum bum:

Lennonist, I really admire your ability write everything down. I'm kind of the opposite. I have a super self-editing problem and I always leave stuff out, but sometimes times I think I'm just in a hurry. haha

I checked out Hop Along! I was having trouble getting the songs into itunes so I could only listen to a couple songs. I like them!

Thank you, bum bum bum from my friends. I try to journal a lot because I'm paranoid about forgetting. I write disjointed thoughts in my journal but I don't publish it or make it public online often. The problem is that when I write for myself, I write in code or incoherent phrases/fragments, thinking that I'll know what I mean, so I try to journal with an audience in mind, but then I over-clarify things and try to be excessively clear. Sometimes I've ranted on here (political or otherwise), saved a copy, and then deleted my post.

I'm glad you tried out Hop Along. Their best or most popular songs according to youtube views (and I'd agree) are:

Hop Along, Queen Ansleis - The Goose And The Wren

If you listen to the just first three at least, you should have no problem falling deep in love. 'Bruno Is Orange' is probably my favorite. They're all frickin' great.

quote:
Originally posted by the monster in your closet:

Lennonist, my friend, let me say again that I'm very glad I could introduce you to something you like so much. As for over-analysing situations, being too self-conscious and self-critical, well we all do that. Heck, you saw my posts in Wee Rants the other week. If anyone is crazy self-critical it's me. But fashion, if you're into it, can be fun - should be fun - don't stress too much about that, is all I mean. If you have fun with it you're guaranteed to look cool Wink

In any case, you seem like a cool kid. On, and offline. Awkward quirky overthinking-ness is what makes you the Cool Kid that you are, lables are hard to avoid, so maybe just say the things you want to say, listen to what you like, dress how you want, and when the lables come around just go with it, because that's not the important part here Smiler

Oh and man "I liked liking bands before they were popular before it was popular" is so quoteworthy. Facebook status or signature it or something, it's gold!

Hmm, I don't worry too much about fashion actually. I dress rather simply. I mean, I have certain principles. For example, my older brother gave me some of his clothes, and I was like "I can't wear some of these" and he said why not, and I said, "These have logos on them. I don't wear clothes that have brand labels on them." because I don't want to be a walking billboard, unless I'm being paid for it. I was such a non-conformist in high school, that I was the only one that actually followed the dress code. :\ yeah, I was bit of a loser in that regard. We had to wear shirts with collars, but people would wear sweaters and sweatshirts to get around that. Or blatantly wear t-shirts, but then teachers would actually say something sometimes. We couldn't wear jeans, and had to wear ties on Thursday and special occasions for mass. :\

I would say I typically dress nicer than the standard "t-shirt and jeans monkeys", not that I have anything against utilitarian functionalism or anything. I have some nice sweaters and really nice pants and shirts, but sometimes I get locked in the way of thinking "Is this something that I would wear or do?" you know? Like, I'll think, wearing this doesn't fit my personality... I'm trying to break free from that mentality and stop obstructing myself from doing certain things. And my remark about "not being able to compete with hipsters in terms of fashion" was more meant to mean that I sometimes feel like I'm not able to fit in when surrounded by uber-urban-hipsters when I'm in the city or at concerts. Like at the CYHSY set, there was one guy with a handle-bar mustache wearing a flannel shirt, and lots of pretty hipster gurlz. I usually opt to wear tight clothes, but I'm not brave or bold enough to wear the super-skinny jeans that some male hipsters wear. Sometimes I think I'm a suburban engineering student by day, secret hipster by night.

Thank you, I think you are cooler. If only I could find girls that thought I was cool instead of just an awkward nerd.

I wish I could say that line was original, but I think I may have heard that on reddit. I posted "My boombox brings all the boys and girls to the yard, and I'm like, my beats are fresher than yours." which was original and I thought it was pretty clever and witty, but no one liked it or anything. ): Same with "GOD'S SEMEN STAINS THE MOUNTAINTOPS."

sweetness in my lungs: That's great! I quite liked the Christmas carol the Doctor Who cast did:

Some inspiration for ya.

Handlebar moustache? Ew.

Moustaches suck. Movember is all well and good, prostate cancer is bad, getting pledges for moustaches does have a certain awesomeness to it, but if I'm perfectly honest, I was glad when it ended and my boyfriend's face became kissable again. Anyway, trying to be non-conformist and cool is what hipster is, so trying to look "hipster" would be trying to look like you're trying not to try. See how complicated that got? Get yourself a pretty dorky girl instead, you'll be much happier.

Also, the Dr. Who Christmas carol cracked me up Smiler

Speaking of Doctor Who and hipsters, I've gotten my boyfriend a Dr. Who themed x-mas gift, and I want to wrap it with a burgundy bow tie instead of a regular bow, but I can't find one anywhere and its too late to order on online for it to be here in time. Surprisingly, the Hipster stores nearby dont have any! I'm thinking of learning to make one and doing it myself...

In retrospect, it was more like a horseshoe mustache. He wore it well. Handlebar mustaches can be awesome. Proof:

And is that a fez Isaac is wearing?

Oh yeah, well, not dorky, but I'd love to meet bookish or nerdy girls. There's still that one girl at my school that I've talked about before on here who has a very interesting fashion sense and I've been able to deduce that she's a junior and a biomolecular engineering major, but I haven't been able to figure out her name so to facebook-stalk her and never approach. JK on the last part. Kinda. :\

Yeah, I'd love to get a burgundy or blue bowtie (The Doctor changes it up sometimes), a hipstery dress shirt, a professorial tweed jacket with elbow pads, suspenders/braces, dark navy-blue trousers, and some black boots. Oh, and a fez. Fezzes are cool. Heck, I was a big fan of the formal tailcoat and wedding tuxedo at the end of The Big Bang finale.

Hmm, that's strange that none of the male clothing stores near you sell bowties. Very thoughtful gift. I cannot wait for the DW Christmas special.

Time for a victory lap around the campus: MY FINAL EXAMS ARE DONE!!!!!!

Wow, this was a dramatic semester for me. i've been hit on, dumped, abandoned, reunited with, apathtic, depressed, insulted, complimented, ignored, adored, awkward and brilliant. and as per usual, there was plenty of stupidity to go around

Halfway through my junior year of college, ever closer to joining the ranks of Eeker real adults!! terrifying.

Well, i haven't slept since my 4 hour power nap of a night's sleep on tuesday night, so i'm gonna hit the hay before parties get started! I thought this semester would never end, but boy am i relieved that it did!!!!!!!

And now it's christmas time, and i have some little cousins to shop for with my last 20 dollars haha!

woohoo!

Grr. My school is on the trimester system (three 10-week clases instead of two 15-week classes), so I have 3 mid-term exams the week I come back from winter break. :C MLIAsian.

Congrats on finishing your term. Enjoy break and treat yourself to some nice reward for it being over.