Stepped On A Syringe

Good News Thread!

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

I AM GOING TO BE AN AUNT!!!!!!!!

And what a great one I know you'll make...Congratulations...Due date?

July 10. Better not be any earlier since my entire family is going to be on vacation in Canada then... Also very excited because they are going to find out the sex and said I can come to the ultrasound. Yesss! medical stuff excites me enough as it is.

quote:
I can come to the ultrasound. Yesss! medical stuff excites me enough as it is.

There is nothing like the first time you hear that heartbeat. It will blow you away and stay with you forever...

quote:
Originally posted by rainna:

Congrats, you both! Such great news! It's so nice to know that wonderful things are going on for our wonderful stixers. Smiler

Thanks rainna! I'm so excited!!! And congrats dentistgirl on becoming an aunt! That's wonderful news! Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

July 10. Better not be any earlier since my entire family is going to be on vacation in Canada then... Also very excited because they are going to find out the sex and said I can come to the ultrasound. Yesss! medical stuff excites me enough as it is.

Congrats!Ultrasounds are crazy fun. Probably moreso for you since you have some frame of reference for understanding what you're looking at. Also if their place does it, getting a 4D scan is beyond wicked.

Today, it's the first round of presidential election in Finland. And my candidate is doing well and his on the second round and this is so good! Such a marvelous surprise, we did not see this coming. Pekka Haavisto is so wise and experienced and just a wonderful person. Even though it's quite unlikely that he will actually become the president, I am proud to be a Finn today.

I've finally done something I've wanted to do for a while: started a blog! It's essentially a mental health awareness/advocacy blog, drawing on my experience with bipolar disorder, and I invite anyone interested to check it out!

pardonmymelodrama2.tumblr.com

Jared: I couldn't help but smile when you said you'd been wanting to start a blog, because this was a resolution of mine over Christmas break. It failed, of course, because i'm inconsistent and lazy about these things.

However! Your blog is fantastic! I love your writing, and what you had to say was informative for me. I've had a couple of friends with bipolar disorder, but i haven't heard such a thoughtful approach to it beyond daily struggles.

I look forward to following the blog, if only to read more of your writing; you have a real talent for it!

Jeremy: that's so cool! I'm not very familiar with his work, but it's always fun to discover new connections, especially with people you've admired from afar!