Stepped On A Syringe

Good News Thread!

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

Jared: I couldn't help but smile when you said you'd been wanting to start a blog, because this was a resolution of mine over Christmas break. It failed, of course, because i'm inconsistent and lazy about these things.

However! Your blog is fantastic! I love your writing, and what you had to say was informative for me. I've had a couple of friends with bipolar disorder, but i haven't heard such a thoughtful approach to it beyond daily struggles.

I look forward to following the blog, if only to read more of your writing; you have a real talent for it!

Thanks; that really means a lot to me. Smiler I'm thrilled with the response that I've gotten so far to the blog, and a bit overwhelmed by the possibilities of the different directions I could possibly take it in terms of topics, themes, etc. I'm getting a lot out of writing it just for myself, so to hear that someone else is learning from it or experiencing something because it makes it exponentially more meaningful for me.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

Thanks; that really means a lot to me. Smiler I'm thrilled with the response that I've gotten so far to the blog, and a bit overwhelmed by the possibilities of the different directions I could possibly take it in terms of topics, themes, etc. I'm getting a lot out of writing it just for myself, so to hear that someone else is learning from it or experiencing something because it makes it exponentially more meaningful for me.

Keep up the great work on it! It's always a great feeling when people appreciate something that you love!

In sort of a follow-up to a rant I wrote (in the Rants section, as it were) about a month ago, I was accepted into the study abroad program I applied for! I get to go to Lancaster University next fall! So if anyone has any suggestions of things to do/places to see around there I would love to hear it. The next thing I have to do is apply for the archaeological field school in Lincoln. If all things go well, I'll get to spend around 6 months in the UK! I'm so excited!

Congratulations, Jamie! That's so exciting! I'm glad the application thingy arranged itself after all. From what I hear, Northern England is very beautiful with the the national parks and all (my cousin studies in Durham University, and she has been impressed). I hope you'll have great times there. Smiler