Stepped On A Syringe

Good News Thread!

quote:
oh no really?! is it to do with your school or a holiday?

and i don't mean to sound stalker-ish but what part of ireland are you visiting?? if you don't mind me asking of course.

Of course I don't mind you asking, this is stuff I'm very glad to talk about. Smiler I'm going as an exchange student and stay for the academic year 2012-2013. I'll be in Cork, studying in Cork School of Music. I'm so excited to go! Studying abroad is something I have dreamt of every now and then, but until now I think I haven't been brave enough or just not ready. I'm still not sure if I'm ready, but I'm definitely going to try and find out. I've been to Ireland once, on a holiday, and I really liked the country and culture, but I only visited Dublin and county Galway then. I guess Cork will be a bit different.

Right now I'm a little worried though, cause they were supposed to send me some papers, which they still haven't done... But that can go to the rants section or something.

quote:
Originally posted by rainna:

quote:
oh no really?! is it to do with your school or a holiday?

and i don't mean to sound stalker-ish but what part of ireland are you visiting?? if you don't mind me asking of course.

Of course I don't mind you asking, this is stuff I'm very glad to talk about. Smiler I'm going as an exchange student and stay for the academic year 2012-2013. I'll be in Cork, studying in Cork School of Music. I'm so excited to go! Studying abroad is something I have dreamt of every now and then, but until now I think I haven't been brave enough or just not ready. I'm still not sure if I'm ready, but I'm definitely going to try and find out. I've been to Ireland once, on a holiday, and I really liked the country and culture, but I only visited Dublin and county Galway then. I guess Cork will be a bit different.

Right now I'm a little worried though, cause they were supposed to send me some papers, which they still haven't done... But that can go to the rants section or something.

thats so cool, that school has got a really good reputation as well, i know a few people who are studying there and one of my real good friends from school will be starting to study there as well beginning 2012 so if you're ever looking for some people to hang out with let me know (not that i'm saying you won't have people to hang out with i'm sure you'll manage haha)

hmm i've only ever been to cork a few times briefly cause i live on the other side of the country but it does have a really nice centre city, its built on a river and everything but i do hope it works out for you regarding the papers and everything i'm sure it'll be grand Smiler

Thanks Briana, and I'm glad to hear your friend liked it! And Dom, you too! It's so weird, just being here in Finland and thinking how I'm about to go to a place and a school I know all but nothing about, so it's very good to hear that the school is somewhat esteemed. Even though I'm not going just for the classes, I would love to learn loads of new stuff and be in school that can offer me good education.

I'm quite shy and it takes time for me to get to know people, so I don't think I'll have excessive amounts of people to hang out with... So I'll definitely let you know in case I lack company. Big Grin

I've looked at some picture of the town and it seems quite nice with the river and all. Wheeee, I'm excited!

I called in to find out my ap scores!

5 music theory (5 non-aural, 4 aural)

5 language and comp

4 US history

3 chemistry

I'm upset about Chem bc I want to be a scientist of a sort (engineer? Researcher? Idk I just love science). but ECSTATIC FOR THE OTHERS. ESPECIALLY THEORY. OH MY GOD. Honestly I'm just floored about that. It's my director's first year teaching AP Theory so it will look doubly good on her!

i like wonder bread: WOW! That's impressive, congratulations!

Is chemistry your favorite subject of science? I prefer biology, i think...anyway, 3 is still good, and wow, two 5's. Smiler

quote:
I guess this is more than good news but I will be in Russia in 10 days. 10 DAYS!!! It is finally starting to sink in and I can't stop smiling Big Grin

himynameism: You must be in Russian now! i hope you're having a wonderful time. (I had to count on my fingers to see if it's been 10 days)

@himynameism

RUSSIA! How incredible! I am always fascinated with cultures other than my own. Are you going sightseeing anytime? I'm sure it will be fantastic.

@porcupine-ologist

I really loved chemistry, as it's interesting to pick apart matter to its smallest levels. However advanced chemical theories can be baffling. I am a bit lost on all this Higgs Boson business that has the scientific community abuzz recently. The details are intense. Biology is something that comes really naturally for me though. I hope I will know what I want to do by college time.