friends and odd music?? eeeh

k, so...

tonight i was with my best friend

and i was showing her my music.

and i began to think,

y'know...i think the kind of music i love

is more of a solitary enjoyment.

b/c the music i like....

is like...regina, kate nash, imogen heap....etc. artists that aren't the norm. and they aren't all upbeat and happy all the time either. a lot are really emotional and just...moving.

i always want people in my life to enjoy the music i do, but when they listen...ha, i can tell they're just listening w/ me b/c they know that IIIII like it. just to be nice. but eeehh idk. maybe the kind of music i like is meant for my own healing of spirit or something?? it always calms me and makes me appreciate life. but it's not really something that i do when i am with friends.

pop and dance music is more...friend-ish...y'know

i don't even know why i'm posting this

i just want some opinions on

your friends and your different taste in music??

k, so...

tonight i was with my best friend

and i was showing her my music.

and i began to think,

y'know...i think the kind of music i love

is more of a solitary enjoyment.

b/c the music i like....

is like...regina, kate nash, imogen heap....etc. artists that aren't the norm. and they aren't all upbeat and happy all the time either. a lot are really emotional and just...moving.

i always want people in my life to enjoy the music i do, but when they listen...ha, i can tell they're just listening w/ me b/c they know that IIIII like it. just to be nice. but eeehh idk. maybe the kind of music i like is meant for my own healing of spirit or something?? it always calms me and makes me appreciate life. but it's not really something that i do when i am with friends.

pop and dance music is more...friend-ish...y'know

i don't even know why i'm posting this

i just want some opinions on

your friends and your different taste in music??

quote:
I always want people in my life to enjoy the music i do, but when they listen...ha, i can tell they're just listening w/ me b/c they know that IIIII like it. just to be nice.

My friends and family don't even want to stay in the room when I put on my music. Bah humbug I say.

That is so my life when it comes to music. I actually only know 4 or 5 people who have any interest in Regina's music and only 2 of them know she has more than the BTH songs. All of these people live in different states to me. This is the reason I go to a lot of shows by myself. I figure it's best to do this rather than drag someone along who would rather be somewhere else.

All my friends think I'm odd because in their opinion I listen to "odd" music. They're probably right lol Big Grin

My BFF is usually the one to get me hooked on "odd" music....but i found regina on radioioeclectic one day, fell in love, DL'd all her albums and got Jessica hooked. Now we belt her music out whenever we're in the car together. Smiler

actually i found regina a few years ago and fell in love and now tell EVERYONE about her. and a lot of my friends like her either bc of me or just bc she's great and they know her.

just last week all my friends were in my car driving and one girl said put on something we can all sing to. so i pulled out begin to hope.. i tried 11:11, but they all don't have that so begin to hope it was. and it was fabulous, 5 girls screaming out regina lyrics, what could be better?

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Pan:

That is so my life when it comes to music. I actually only know 4 or 5 people who have any interest in Regina's music and only 2 of them know she has more than the BTH songs. All of these people live in different states to me. This is the reason I go to a lot of shows by myself. I figure it's best to do this rather than drag someone along who would rather be somewhere else.

All my friends think I'm odd because in their opinion I listen to "odd" music. They're probably right lol Big Grin

We should start a club!

I sympathize with you all, lmao. Of my family/friends I am known as the one who enjoys "really odd/weird" music which I do not mind at all, of course! I went out of my way to show my mother that I am not nearly the only extreme Regina fan, haha. Big Grin

My friends are not into my music... many of them don't even know the music I like. When I say Fiona, Regina, Camille, they are Confused

I tried to introduce Camille to two of them:

the first one really likes classical music and seems open to all genres, but says what Camille does is simple pop music, and that it is "different" but i could feel that he did not like it.

The other person was like "ahah ah, so nice" but her face was like Eeker

As far as Regina is concerned, my mother thinks that too much noise, she does not like her. My sister said "oh, a new weird one at the piano whose gonan make you fanatic" and she said "oh, she sings like Lene Marlin"

To which I replied: have you listened to that voice??? Mad Lene Marlin !

wow, that's odd... But there is a hint of similarity, if we might judge it by that one song Lene Marlin is known for. Regina's is better, sure.

Among my friends "odd", different, non-mainstream and older (pre-90's) music is actually the standard. I think they all like Regina Spektor (at least 2 have BTH), but sadly, anything before BTH isn't exactly their taste (too "artistic" osmlt).

And when it comes to odd/weird music, Regina is not so odd/weird if you've heard the likes of Phillip Glass, or the more obscure free-jazz!