Sign in to follow this  
akiteinthesky

I rather dislike kate nash

I know there are other posts about her, but i think most of them were praising, and for the life of me i cant understand why.

Some one who is a fan of miss nash please explain to me her appeal. I feel that i am an open minded person when it comes to music but my god! If were now comparing her to regina what has the world come to?

Kate nash is all accent and no trousers, and it boils my blood when people refer to her as the 'british regina'

Im not posting this to be nasty, just to figure out whats going on. Kate nash will be around for 6 months tops. where as i think we can all agree regina will be a future classic, someone we are playing to our grandchildren.

I know there are other posts about her, but i think most of them were praising, and for the life of me i cant understand why.

Some one who is a fan of miss nash please explain to me her appeal. I feel that i am an open minded person when it comes to music but my god! If were now comparing her to regina what has the world come to?

Kate nash is all accent and no trousers, and it boils my blood when people refer to her as the 'british regina'

Im not posting this to be nasty, just to figure out whats going on. Kate nash will be around for 6 months tops. where as i think we can all agree regina will be a future classic, someone we are playing to our grandchildren.

quote:
Kate nash will be around for 6 months tops. where as i think we can all agree regina will be a future classic, someone we are playing to our grandchildren.

Kate Nash might only be in the limelight for 6 months, I hope this will be longer, but no doubt she'll continue to make music because she quite obviously loves it.

I personally, although I recognise they are a little similar, cannot understand this whole "kate copies regina" crap people are coming out with. Its all balls.

I would definitely play kate to my grandchildren. Being from the south I can relate to her estuary english accent and to be honest I relate to her music a lot too.

I love her.

Kate Nash, I agree she’s no Regina Spektor. I think the comparisons started b/c she’s a self-proclaimed Regina fan. Actually something of a superfan with her whole Kate Nash meets Regina Spektor thing in NME. That’s how I found out about her anyway. If she’s saying Regina influenced her then, people are going to try to listen and search for those influences coming through. I do hear a little Regina every now and then in a few songs, but certainly she’s not some copycat, or else she’s a very bad one. I like Kate Nash. Though, I think she is far from Reg’s musical genius. I can’t stand several of her songs, but others I adore. She’s very young, so I’m hoping her talent increases and she can improve her lyrics and stick around for a while.

quote:
That’s how I found out about her anyway. If she’s saying Regina influenced her then, people

The fact that we're all still talking about Kate Nash might be a sign that she's going to be around for a long time. She's only 20 people, was Regina known outside a few NYC clubs at that age?

We're all still talking about her cause theres an advert for her album every 5 minutes. I cant even go on youtube without seeing 'BUY MADE OF BRICKS NOW!' plastered every where (somewhat exaggerating for comic effect, but the point still stands)

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

quote:
That’s how I found out about her anyway. If she’s saying Regina influenced her then, people

The fact that we're all still talking about Kate Nash might be a sign that she's going to be around for a long time. She's only 20 people, was Regina known outside a few NYC clubs at that age?

Uh, age or how quickly you attain fame has nothing to do with how long you're going to stay popular. It's how one hit wonders happen.

Back to the question...for me, Kate Nash's music is repetitive piano chords and random statements that I don't feel have any deep meaning or metaphor to them, whereas Regina puts forth emotional attachment to what she is saying and I believe that what she says is relevant because of this. This is where I think some might think she's copying Regina in the quirky lyrics department - except Kate just really doesn't have it down, at all.

Also, I'm not saying that every song must have a meaning - it's just that none of Kate's songs have any meaning to me personally.