Sign in to follow this  
BitsOfBone

Brit Awards

I got Leona's album for my Dad at Christmas, and to be honest with you I'm not really that impressed by the music... She's got the pipes but bad song writters.

It's a real shame!

I like her, but not enough to give her a Brit.

I'm going for PJ Harvey or KT Tunstall.

quote:
Originally posted by Tamx:

MIA should have been nominated for best British artist, in my opinion

I totally agree. Her music is very good, very innovative, really amazing. I saw her live last summer: it was great! Smiler

To all those that don't know, Leona Lewis is a woman who won last year's "X Factor" competition, which is like American Idol.

Definitely Feist for International. My friend gave me Bat for Lashes album today, but I haven't listened to it yet. I suppose it has to be good if it got nominated (but then again Rihanna is up there and I really don't like her..)

I reckon Kate Nash will win it, as British people seem to really like her. Lily Allen had the same effect, I reckon it has something to do with accents..

quote:
I reckon Kate Nash will win it, as British people seem to really like her. Lily Allen had the same effect, I reckon it has something to do with accents..

Lily Allen didn't actually win the BRIT award though did she? I'd love KT Tunstall or BAt for Lashes to win!!

quote:
Originally posted by ThePoetsLove:

Lily Allen didn't actually win the BRIT award though did she?

I dunno, I was just talking about her popularity. A bunch of other British artists with strong english accents are very popular, such as The Streets.

It may also be worth noting that I don't really like them- it just sounds to me like they're talking. I know there's a Kate Nash thread about this, I just can't be bothered Razzer

Yeah I know what you mean bout the talkin thing...especially the streets...dont really like lily allen either (although its so sad about her baby Frowner ) I like afew of Kate Nash's songs but I'm not crazy crazy bout her....

y'know i really think Leona Lewis is going to win that award, because when I was working in a record store a while back as soon as her album was released it was practically flying off the shelves. it seemed that nearly everyone who bought something bought either her album or cd single..hehe. Man, that album was played to death in there.

The album sucks... I know she's got a fantastic voice but honestly I can't name any of the songs that album other than Bleeding Love.

There is nothing about it that sticks in my mind... I just remember thinking "Jesus! All these songs are about heartbreak and love..." which okay fine, is relevant to the mass majority but where is the creativity?

It just pisses me off how there is no imgination in the song writting what so ever, its an easy way to sell records but for how long will she be able to get away with it.

On principle, I would rather stick my head in a Mincer than buy a CD from another of the spawn of the devil that is Simon Cowell! Mad

I believe Cowell has set the Music Business back a decade, similar to the Pete Waterman Phenomenon that polluted the UK Charts for decades. Red Face

"I Should Be So Lucky" my arse! Razzer

I confess to making a grave error in judgement, in that I was persuaded to buy Kelly Clarkson's first two albums and my ear drums have never recovered! Frowner

To turn complete unknowns into so-called Musical Stars, by throwing wads of Sony BMG's money at them and in Cowell's case pocketing the odd £10m or so in his weird trouser pockets in the process, is not a credible method of producing an artist that stands the test of time, IMHO! Wink

Leona Lewis is the latest in a line of Cowell mass-produced airhead Pop Music con-artists and I will NEVER, ever buy her album and to those unfortunates who spent good money telephone voting for her and buying her album, just ask yourself the question posed by this Sheep! Razzer

AFleeced.gif