Sign in to follow this  
LittleVoice

Enough Of Soup!

With the horrible Viral Infection that has laid me low since Christmas, my taste buds have been shot to pieces and I have survived by sucking down bowls of various homemade soups. Frowner

Today my run of dodgy luck hit a new low, when the Power to my rented Cottage went off completely at 4am and by 7am I was simply gagging for a cuppa tea. Wink

I decided to cut and run, but could not get to my Car as two huge 4 x 4 Electricity Company Vehicles blocked the Car Park and I was told that a tree had fallen in the night taking down the Powerline and it could be hours before Power was switched back on! Eeker

I eventually headed for a local Little Chef ~ two miles away and as I was first customer of the day the two ladies there, Julie & Marilyn, made a huge fuss of me and sympathised with my catastrophic tale of Bad Luck Stories! Smiler

I thought, bugger the Muesli, sod the Cornflakes and went for The Olympic Breakfast, minus eggs (due to allergy) and OMG what a corker it was, washed down with two mugs of tea! Big Grin

DSC05333.jpg

When the ladies saw me take a photo of my Olympic Masterpiece, they asked me to take their photos too and send a compliment to their HQ, so I did. Cool

DSC05334.jpg

DSC05335.jpg

My appetite is now well and truly back so "Sod The Soup" until I am ill again!

Roll Eyes

With the horrible Viral Infection that has laid me low since Christmas, my taste buds have been shot to pieces and I have survived by sucking down bowls of various homemade soups. Frowner

Today my run of dodgy luck hit a new low, when the Power to my rented Cottage went off completely at 4am and by 7am I was simply gagging for a cuppa tea. Wink

I decided to cut and run, but could not get to my Car as two huge 4 x 4 Electricity Company Vehicles blocked the Car Park and I was told that a tree had fallen in the night taking down the Powerline and it could be hours before Power was switched back on! Eeker

I eventually headed for a local Little Chef ~ two miles away and as I was first customer of the day the two ladies there, Julie & Marilyn, made a huge fuss of me and sympathised with my catastrophic tale of Bad Luck Stories! Smiler

I thought, bugger the Muesli, sod the Cornflakes and went for The Olympic Breakfast, minus eggs (due to allergy) and OMG what a corker it was, washed down with two mugs of tea! Big Grin

DSC05333.jpg

When the ladies saw me take a photo of my Olympic Masterpiece, they asked me to take their photos too and send a compliment to their HQ, so I did. Cool

DSC05334.jpg

DSC05335.jpg

My appetite is now well and truly back so "Sod The Soup" until I am ill again!

Roll Eyes

Straying off the Food Thread, as I am still pretty stuffed after my Olympic Breakfast, I was just googling Clown Fish when I came across Jigsaw Puzzles with Royce McClure's amazing artwork. Roll Eyes

How do you fancy spending time sorting this beauty? Eeker

ARedClownFishSchool.jpg

Staying on Fishy Subjects I made an excellent "Starry Gazey Pie" to surprise my Lady Friend. Smiler

DSC05449.jpg

Sadly, she never turned up, so no wonder those sprats don't look very happy as they struggle to gaze up at the stars, through bleary eyes! Frowner

The good news is that the Starry Gazey Pie tasted superb and I have enough left over to "see" me through several meals! Big Grin