Sign in to follow this  
Tamx

Songs you hope to see in the next album

I keep changing my mind on this but if I were to have to pick a whole CD of songs we've already heard this would be the list in the exact order I would like Smiler...

1. Love, You're a Whore

2. Aquarius

3. Lucky Penny

4. All the Rowboats

5. Pound of Flesh

6. Ink Stains

7. Loveology

8. Dog and Pony

9. The Virgin Queen

10. The Piano Isn't Firewood Yet

11. You

12. Small Town Moon

13. Making Records

~Bonus Tracks~

14. Baby Jesus

15. Reginasaurus

I really love Dog and Pony, but i'm never sure if I ever want her to record all of those live songs i love. I'm always so intrigued with her new stuff.

Though I have to say, Far's production of Human of the Year is SPECTACULAR.

I guess if I had to choose a song to be on the next one..

Dog and Pony. Smiler

Nice list, Jeremy! Though I'm guessing we won't be hearing "Pound of Flesh" on an album, since we already have awesome Bull Moose recording...

I forget that "Firewood" is definitely way up on my wishlist... I kind of do want all of her songs to eventually get a live recording... So we can hear a finished product of the unique vision she has for each piece.

I agree with you there, but I've always felt like Pound of Flesh was complete on Bull Moose for some reason but I think it would be awesome in the context of a CD too Smiler

I know Regina has mentioned that the next thing she wants to do is produce music for other people, which sounds really awesome to me!

I think she's also going to be busy working on her contribution to the musical Beauty.

I wouldn't be surprised if another album took another couple of years, what with the other projects she has planned, and of course the loss she has suffered.

Some artists get very creative during times of grief and others get very closed down.

All of that said, I wouldn't be surprised if Firewood shows up on her next album.

I guess this the best thread for this...

According to last.fm, these are regina's most popular unreleased songs:

1. Raindrops

2. Love-ology

3. Just Like the Movies

4. Aquarius

5. The Soup

6. Baby Jesus

7. Ave Maria

8. BYOS

9. Happy Hooker

10. Paris

11. A Canon

12. Patron Saint

13. Secret Stash

14. School is Out

15. I Need Your Love (??? What is that?)

16. Chicken Song

17. Open

18. Cinderella

19. Reginasaurus

20. You

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

15. I Need Your Love (??? What is that?)

Possibly Ode to Divorce?..some people Roll Eyes

There's probably only 2 or 3 on that list that would be on my top 20 unreleased songs list.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

Begin to Hope (with a new intro that isn't the same as MOATF, of course)

I agree. I remember back when Far was about to come out, I was hoping she would eliminate the intro to Man of a Thousand Faces altogether and just sing as soon as the song started. Just a thought...I thought it would sound more powerful (not sure if that's the right word), and it would avoid confusion if she ever put Begin to Hope on an album, which I hope she does. Smiler

I would also love to see 8th Floor on the next album, although that would be unlikely. Frowner But if she did, I would love if it sounded exactly like the live recording with Anders Griffen on drums...maybe with a subtle, not cheesy, echoing effect. Just sayin'. Smiler