Sign in to follow this  
ghost of corporate future

anticipated albums for 2008

quote:
Originally posted by ThePoetsLove:

and Lisa Hanigan's first albm is ot i think

My heart lept when I read that. She is SOO COOL. And I met her. And had conversations with her. And possibly freaked her out because I got a photo taken in the afternoon with her and got it printed and came back to her and got it autographed in the evening Big Grin

But I can't wait for her debut album. Woo I can't believe a stixer is a fan Smiler

Haha she's so cool. But Damien Rice isgoing to be so different now that she's left. I think maybe he's going to start sounding more like Juniper, the band that he was in with Bell X1 before he went solo. But I also think it's a possibility that Vyvienne Long, his cellist, may start singing. But we'll see. Have either of you heard of The Cake Sale that I mentioned here in URL=http://reginaspektor.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2261015901/m/2481021632?r=6231084372#6231084372]this post[/url]? Lisa Hannigan does a duet with Gary Lightbody (Snow Patrol frontman) and two solo songs, one of which was written by Damien Rice.. Anyway, yeah, sorry for the shameless plug but Damien Rice is like my second favourite artist, and I really love Lisa Hannigan. The end.

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

Hey, when's your first album coming out?

Technically, it's my second album and it's already out for digital download...the cd will be ready in like 2 weeks or so...

You can listen to the whole thing on my website!

http://www.melissatrinchere.com/music

Two of the albums I'm most excited about for this year are from A Silver Mt Zion. 13 Blues for Thirteen Moons is set to be released later this month, and their long-discussed live album, Fuck You Drakulas, should be out sometime in '08.

Otherwise, I'll look forward to new work from the following artists, all of which are rumored to or are confirmed to have new albums coming out this year:

Animal Collective

The Evpatoria Report

God Is An Astronaut

Jesu

Kings of Leon

Mogwai

Russian Circles

Sebastian Grainger and The Mountains

Sufjan Stevens

This Will Destroy You

The Walkmen

And of course...Regina Spektor!