Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PerksOfAWallflower

ingrid michaelson is the shit....

188 posts in this topic

so despite me being pretty sick, i went to the concert anyways. and i am so glad i did, because it was rediculously amazing!

she is so funny, im gunna go out on a limb here and say she is funnier than regina. regina has this whole cutesy adorablilty thing, but ingrid is just downright hilarious!

i was surprised she didnt have a thick new york accent and that was the only kinda sorta half-way let down of the night.

let me tell you all, ingrid brought it... she totally awed the croud.

her guitarist ,Allie Moss, is just wonderful! she's a great musician and a great singer. their voices blend SO well, and ingrids voice was just the tops. she talked and joked alot between songs, and even shared th origin of some of her songs which is SO cool. i didn't write down a playlist but here's my memory:

Die Alone

Breakable

Overboard

San Francisco

Corner of your heart

the way i am

the way i am (double speed/ chipmunk version)

the hat

far away

NOT in that order.

a few funny happenings:

during the first "the way i am" she let us clap, and also told us to add "three thrusts" after the chorus, thus calling them forever on "the cincinnati thrusts"

right after she sang the way i am, a greedy man to the right yelled "AGAIN" so she decided to indulge him but sing it double speed and an octave highter. it was hilarious! i didn't have my camera ready it was really sad i didnt catch it but someone did...

Ingrid sat and played the guitar and after she sang her own song she said "okay here is where i take requests" and of course people shouted free bird.. and she said "i cant play freebird" so she started doing sitcom theme songs like the jeffersons and then she said "guess this one!" and sang "Streaks on the china,

never mattered before" and the guy in front of me got all excited and shouted out "MR. Belevedere!!!!!!" it was so funny.

she also told us a story about how she wanted to take sexy pictures because candid stage shots never turned out well due to the strange elvis motion her lip makes when she sings, she and Allie Moss primped for a sexy pose and when the picture came out, she hated how she looked, and now she wont pose sexily anymore.

so then for the encore she sang the fresh prince theme song, and also fools rush! both were really great!

2256036213_ae03155caf.jpg

my video footage!

so despite me being pretty sick, i went to the concert anyways. and i am so glad i did, because it was rediculously amazing!

she is so funny, im gunna go out on a limb here and say she is funnier than regina. regina has this whole cutesy adorablilty thing, but ingrid is just downright hilarious!

i was surprised she didnt have a thick new york accent and that was the only kinda sorta half-way let down of the night.

let me tell you all, ingrid brought it... she totally awed the croud.

her guitarist ,Allie Moss, is just wonderful! she's a great musician and a great singer. their voices blend SO well, and ingrids voice was just the tops. she talked and joked alot between songs, and even shared th origin of some of her songs which is SO cool. i didn't write down a playlist but here's my memory:

Die Alone

Breakable

Overboard

San Francisco

Corner of your heart

the way i am

the way i am (double speed/ chipmunk version)

the hat

far away

NOT in that order.

a few funny happenings:

during the first "the way i am" she let us clap, and also told us to add "three thrusts" after the chorus, thus calling them forever on "the cincinnati thrusts"

right after she sang the way i am, a greedy man to the right yelled "AGAIN" so she decided to indulge him but sing it double speed and an octave highter. it was hilarious! i didn't have my camera ready it was really sad i didnt catch it but someone did...

Ingrid sat and played the guitar and after she sang her own song she said "okay here is where i take requests" and of course people shouted free bird.. and she said "i cant play freebird" so she started doing sitcom theme songs like the jeffersons and then she said "guess this one!" and sang "Streaks on the china,

never mattered before" and the guy in front of me got all excited and shouted out "MR. Belevedere!!!!!!" it was so funny.

she also told us a story about how she wanted to take sexy pictures because candid stage shots never turned out well due to the strange elvis motion her lip makes when she sings, she and Allie Moss primped for a sexy pose and when the picture came out, she hated how she looked, and now she wont pose sexily anymore.

so then for the encore she sang the fresh prince theme song, and also fools rush! both were really great!

2256036213_ae03155caf.jpg

my video footage!

So glad you had fun too! I ditto pretty much everything you said.

In Cleveland I also remember her playing:

Men of Snow

Keep Breathing

Can't Help Falling in Love

Did she tell you the story for Overboard? That was hilarious! "I was looking at other things..."

Also, I wish I could have San Francisco now! At least some lovely soul put it on youtube.

You may be remembered for the cincinnati thrusts, but Cleveland HOB is officially remembered as the location of her longest pee in life. LOL! Yeah, she was hilarious. And seems to be really good at indulging/dealing with retards tactfully and with humor. There were a few in Cleveland, no surprise.

And you got a pic too, Yayy! =)

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

In Cleveland I also remember her playing:

Men of Snow

Keep Breathing

Can't Help Falling in Love

Did she tell you the story for Overboard? That was hilarious! "I was looking at other things..."

yea she played those in cincy too im pretty sure. YEA! when she first started talkking aobut the lobster man hauling up the lobsters i thought she would go into Far Away, but she was talkking about overboard. she is so funny!

G- i love that interview. she is so cool, and wise. my dad thought she was like 21.. hahah i was like no i think shes almost 30 but he didnt believe me.