Sign in to follow this  
PerksOfAWallflower

ingrid michaelson is the shit....

Ok, I got all the music transferred, and sadly I have more bad news.

1. There isn't actually a "new new" normal song, although there are plenty of one-offs here because of the holiday theme.

2. Somehow the sensitivity on my microphone got bumped up almost all the way. I typically keep it at the lowest possible setting for concerts, but I guess due to the tight seating and commotion of people coming in, it got bumped up. You can actually hear it happen in the first Yule Logs song if you listen carefully, although I normalized that file in an effort to minimize the giant volume difference. What this means for the rest of the show is that any song with bass & drums is badly distorted. Fortunately there are many songs without bass and drums, and the ones that are distorted, I will be attempting to repair as best I can before I uplaod them.

3. The chatty people behind me can be heard for the first half of the show at some unfortunate times. It's not the worst thing ever, but it is a little distracting.

Finally, as I expected, the end of her father's song with the choir is cut off and the beginning of the next song (The Hat) is as well.

Here is the complete set list. The most redeeming thing about this is that most of the songs without existing recordings didn't have heavy drum & bass so they're pretty good.

Christmas Town

Gonna Get Presents

Kwanzaa

The Christmas Clap

Die Alone

Breakable

Overboard

Lady in Spain

Creep

Mele Kalikimaka

Be Ok

Giving Up

Everybody

Keep Breathing

The Way I Am

The Chain

Men of Snow

Church Hymn by her father

The Hat

Locked Up

Over the Rainbow

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

You and I

I'm uploading the good recordings to my FTP server now. The bad recordings I'll work on tomorrow and I'll post back here when I'm done.

EDIT: It was pointed out to me that I got some of the song names wrong (because I'm an idiot). I have corrected them and apologize for any confusion.

Here are the tracks from Ingrid & Co. There were only three that I couldn't salvage and I've marked the tracks that were edited.

Die Alone Still Bad

Breakable Edited, listenable

Overboard Edited, listenable

Lady in Spain

Creep

Mele Kalikimaka

Be Ok Edited, listenable

Giving Up

Everybody

Keep Breathing

The Way I Am

The Chain

Men of Snow

Church Hymn by her father Incomplete

The Hat Still Bad, Incomplete, but it does have Ingrid being funny

Locked Up Still Bad

Over the Rainbow

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

You and I

Even with the distortion (and I have a Marantz portable digital recorder with different mic sensitivity settings and I TOTALLY understand how you accidentally wind up with the wrong one), this is a beautiful document of the concert, and very rewarding to have as part of our 2008 Holidays. Thanks for all the work and for posting all of it. You rock!

Dare I say that this is the kind of concert I wish Regina would do every so often (guest performers, collaborations, a cellist). Not a Christmas-oriented show of course, but this kind of community-esque-feeling show. She used to do that, and with any luck we'll see more of that in the future, after the new album *crosses fingers*

Anyway, this has been a joy to listen to on this wintry Sunday-before-Xmas, and I'm really grateful for all the effort you went to to share it with us. :]

Ingrid Michaelson - New York-based singer/songwriter Ingrid Michaelson has a voice that exudes emotion, sensuality and plenty of old-timey style. Her minimalist songs seem readymade for acoustic performance, so, of course, we jumped at the chance to have her come into the studio. Check out our session now to see Michaelson perform two favorites from her sophomore release, Girls and Boys, along with the title track from her just-released new album, Be OK.

http://sessions.ticketmaster.com/41.html