Sign in to follow this  
PerksOfAWallflower

Someone Next Door's Fucking To Which Song?

Recommended Posts

quote:
Originally posted by squeakycleanK:

does anyone else think Reading Time with Pickle is about masturbation?

I have often wondered about her intentions with this eye catching pickle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to say the same thing as Johnny C about timing. The mystery song would most likely have appeared on a setlist prior to the first time Bobbing for Apples appears on a setlist.

I suppose it's possible that Fidelity could have existed before Bobbing for Apples but just never have been caught on tape. Regina has said that many songs on Begin to Hope are among her oldest---she has also said that Fidelity was inspired by the movie High Fidelity, which she could have seen as early as 2000.

Still, if the people next door are playing the song, one must assume they possess either a bootleg or, more likely, a CD. And Fidelity seems not to have existed in either format pre-2004.

My only other thought on the subject is that the mystery song is unlikely to be terribly loud since ambient noise was clearly audible. Smiler

Samson maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by i like wonder bread:

i always thoguht it was about someone who longed for company, and then met a jar of pickles (person) and then learned the ingredients to them (their personality)... i dont think of sex when i listen to reg songs

XD

exception of Belt hahahaha!

What about A Cooler Version? Wink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by mooebon:

I suppose it's possible that Fidelity could have existed before Bobbing for Apples but just never have been caught on tape.

REGINugget of info:

The first known performance of Fidelity was on a radio show the day after it was written and regina said "I hope I remember it" before playing. That was in late 2004 (or the first days of 2005, I can't remember exactly...) I have the recording somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

And I'll bet anyone $10 that reg had no particular song in mind when she wrote that and that she would derive great pleasure from all the interpretations, as usual!

SECONDED!

And also, what if in an alternate dimension, the line WAS about a true event, and the song people were gettin' down to was Reginasaurus?

WEIRDDDDD...

but plausible (in an alternate reginaverse)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyC:

And also, what if in an alternate dimension, the line WAS about a true event, and the song people were gettin' down to was Reginasaurus?

acute gastritis...... Smiler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyC:

REGINugget of info:

The first known performance of Fidelity was on a radio show the day after it was written and regina said "I hope I remember it" before playing. That was in late 2004 (or the first days of 2005, I can't remember exactly...) I have the recording somewhere.

I had a feeling someone would have more data on this. I even imagined that it might be you, JohnnyC (or Srg). Thanks. Smiler

Andreseng, you might be right. But you might be wrong ... who knows? Wink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this