MusicLover_2007

Ghost of Corporate Future analysis thread

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

Yeah I'm not sure what kind of point I was making... Obviously I don't really want to be like that guy in GOCF!!!

Of course not. Who wants to step in a loogie?

Then everyone will go ewwwwwww.

*Points down*

This song got me in like an early life crisis. Well early early life crisis. To me it says pretty much what you've all pointed out, don't take life too seriously, don't get 'stuck' in the repetitive ways of society's norm. I've wanted to work in finance since I was Young. Regina's songs and this song, somewhat slaps me stiffly in the face shouting what the hell are you thinking? Live life happy, follow your dreams, be yourself!

Working in an office feeling stressed everyday is no longer my dream!

I think I need to see a shrink Confused

I think the song is about enjoying life, being yourself and not giving a sh*t about what other people think(because they're just people...like you).

Reg is basically saying how stupid conformity is and how it can ruin our lives, and make us unhappy that by trying so hard to conform to society's norms(consumerism, money, etc), people have forgotten the things that really mater such as family, love, laughter, being silly and just ENJOYING life.

I think that is the moral of the GoCF 'fable'

quote:
Originally posted by Tamx:

I think the song is about enjoying life, being yourself and not giving a sh*t about what other people think(because they're just people...like you).

Reg is basically saying how stupid conformity is and how it can ruin our lives, and make us unhappy that by trying so hard to conform to society's norms(consumerism, money, etc), people have forgotten the things that really mater such as family, love, laughter, being silly and just ENJOYING life.

Aweshume Big Grin

And cutting your own hair is petty funny... I did it a while ago, made a mess of it at the back. and then my mom stepped in... my hair hasn't been this short (about 2 inches at the top) for like 10 years!

No mo' 'fro! Frowner

It's an interesting Ghost, this Ghost of the Corporate Future. It reminds me of that Dickens (?) Christmas Carol too... Ghosts visiting in the night...

quote:
Originally posted by Tamx:

that is a really great explanation of it. Big Grin I completely adore Ghost Of Corporate Future. I wrote all of the words to it on my English binder last semester, haha. My friend thinks I am 'obsessive'. Razzer

well the taking off your shoes when it's rain part is just good advise are far as i'm concerned, and lots of fun!!!

there's nothing better then strolling along in the pouring rain with your shoes in you hands while everyone runs past huddled under umbrellas.

people do tend to make a fuss when you get to class looking like you've had a bath and invited your clothes to come along.

it also pays to think about would colour your bra and t-shirt are respectively. or don't, coz really, why should anyone else care if i don't?