Sign in to follow this  
Oh My Gawd!!!

Cream of peanut butter soup

Found this on the internet. You know when you see things that sound so disgusting that you have to try them to prove yourself wrong? Here's one! Wink

2 celery tops

285ml water

1 teaspoon sea salt

4 celery sticks

1 tablespoon grated onion

30g butter

2 tablespoons plain flour

3 tablespoons peanut butter

425ml milk

freshly ground black pepper

paprika

Chop the celery tops and cook them in the water with the salt for about 10 minutes. Strain, reserving the water but discarding the celery tops.

Chop the celery finely. Saute this with the onion in the butter for 2 minutes in a large saucepan.

Stir in the flour. When well blended, add the peanut butter and mix well. Stir in the milk and celery water. Stir over a low heat until the mixture boils. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.

Season to taste with black pepper.

When serving, sprinkle generously with paprika.

Found this on the internet. You know when you see things that sound so disgusting that you have to try them to prove yourself wrong? Here's one! Wink

2 celery tops

285ml water

1 teaspoon sea salt

4 celery sticks

1 tablespoon grated onion

30g butter

2 tablespoons plain flour

3 tablespoons peanut butter

425ml milk

freshly ground black pepper

paprika

Chop the celery tops and cook them in the water with the salt for about 10 minutes. Strain, reserving the water but discarding the celery tops.

Chop the celery finely. Saute this with the onion in the butter for 2 minutes in a large saucepan.

Stir in the flour. When well blended, add the peanut butter and mix well. Stir in the milk and celery water. Stir over a low heat until the mixture boils. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.

Season to taste with black pepper.

When serving, sprinkle generously with paprika.

I want to drool because peanut butter is the best thing on the planet aside from bacon (and when you put the two together of course, it's bliss), but I'm iffy on how good this would be.

Please tell use that you've tried it!

Hmmm... this makes me want to make a thread about everybody cooking recipies and maybe share everybody's recipies?

Might trying making the soup...don't know yet, not a fan of peanut butter!

You should try Sateh or Gado Gado (Indonesian).

Gado Gado is one of the dishes I like to make when I have guests, it's basically a vegetable salad with peanut sauce dressing not so different from the peanutbutter cream soup.

Alas I am not allowed to give the recipe for it's a family secret! Wink

Sateh/satay sauce is btw quite a popular condiment in the Netherlands, goes with fries and most meats as well as cucumber... (and probably the source for the qolliquoism for the Dutch-indies repatriants... "Pinda", which means Peanut... could refer to the skin color too...)

ooh, and a peanut butter roll with cucumber and sambal is the best! try it!

In my printmaking class we're working on linocuts (you have a slab of linoleum and you ink and carve it till you get the finished image) and one of our examples from the class before us is called "Peanut Butter Asphyxiation." That is the image I see when I think of Peanut butter soup. I'll ask the woman who made it if I can take a picture and post it so you guys can see what I'm talking about.