Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dentistgirl

Nicole Atkins! I’m not asking, I’m telling you...

145 posts in this topic

you had better go see her NOW! I went to see her show last night and it was AMAZING! When I showed up at a fairly crappy little tavern I was kinda wondering what I was getting into, since I went alone. I was quite the spectacle with my notebook studying oral histology at the bar while the first opener, the Plastic Hearts, was playing.

Then, Nicole’s opener, Parlor Mob, took the stage. They were ok, but really not my type of music. It was just LOUD and they were head-banging, and I couldn’t hear lyrics at all. My hearing is still not back to normal… No joke. While Parlor Mob was playing, Nicole and her band were just there hanging out at the bar, doing shots and talking to random people, which was surprising and cool.

Despite her illness, which she is still battling with plenty of antibiotics, she did a full set and sounded awesome doing it.

From what I remember, and in no particular order:

Maybe Tonight

Carousel

Party’s Over

The Way It Is

Kill the Headlights

Together We Are Both Alone

Love Surreal

Neptune City

Brooklyn’s On Fire

So, pretty much her entire album plus a cover of something I can’t remember.

Anyway, there were maybe only 50 people in the place and I was right in the front. I could see everything perfectly. Nicole was a very emotive singer and you could tell she was really into it. Plus, she was very down to earth and funny. She was wearing a necklace with a clock, and someone yelled out “Flavor Flav.” And she responded that yes, it was her tribute to the new season of Flavor of Love and she enjoys the fact that her life consists of watching crappy VH1 shows and their re-runs. The only thing better would be to actually have friends like the girls on Flavor of Love, so that she would always have something to talk to her mom about.

Afterwards, I went over to say Hi. There was nobody, no crowds, nothing of the sort. She even got one of her band members to take a picture for me. We were discussing my extreme nerdiness earlier, and I explained that I was in dental school and had a final exam the next day. She thought that was really cool, because when she was younger she always wanted to be a dental hygienist!!! I thanked her profusely and told her what an amazing job she did despite the sinus infection and left extremely glad I went.

So moral of this story people is go! Go see her now, now while you can still have the chance to hang out with her and talk to her. I’m thinking that very soon, you will have to fight the mob to meet her. Most of all, her music is great and you will not be disappointed.

2280852770_cec2b5b56d_o.jpg

you had better go see her NOW! I went to see her show last night and it was AMAZING! When I showed up at a fairly crappy little tavern I was kinda wondering what I was getting into, since I went alone. I was quite the spectacle with my notebook studying oral histology at the bar while the first opener, the Plastic Hearts, was playing.

Then, Nicole’s opener, Parlor Mob, took the stage. They were ok, but really not my type of music. It was just LOUD and they were head-banging, and I couldn’t hear lyrics at all. My hearing is still not back to normal… No joke. While Parlor Mob was playing, Nicole and her band were just there hanging out at the bar, doing shots and talking to random people, which was surprising and cool.

Despite her illness, which she is still battling with plenty of antibiotics, she did a full set and sounded awesome doing it.

From what I remember, and in no particular order:

Maybe Tonight

Carousel

Party’s Over

The Way It Is

Kill the Headlights

Together We Are Both Alone

Love Surreal

Neptune City

Brooklyn’s On Fire

So, pretty much her entire album plus a cover of something I can’t remember.

Anyway, there were maybe only 50 people in the place and I was right in the front. I could see everything perfectly. Nicole was a very emotive singer and you could tell she was really into it. Plus, she was very down to earth and funny. She was wearing a necklace with a clock, and someone yelled out “Flavor Flav.” And she responded that yes, it was her tribute to the new season of Flavor of Love and she enjoys the fact that her life consists of watching crappy VH1 shows and their re-runs. The only thing better would be to actually have friends like the girls on Flavor of Love, so that she would always have something to talk to her mom about.

Afterwards, I went over to say Hi. There was nobody, no crowds, nothing of the sort. She even got one of her band members to take a picture for me. We were discussing my extreme nerdiness earlier, and I explained that I was in dental school and had a final exam the next day. She thought that was really cool, because when she was younger she always wanted to be a dental hygienist!!! I thanked her profusely and told her what an amazing job she did despite the sinus infection and left extremely glad I went.

So moral of this story people is go! Go see her now, now while you can still have the chance to hang out with her and talk to her. I’m thinking that very soon, you will have to fight the mob to meet her. Most of all, her music is great and you will not be disappointed.

2280852770_cec2b5b56d_o.jpg

Okay, a few things.

First of all I'm so glad to see someone else that recognizes her talent.

Secondly, you both must use the same highlighting hair person.

Last, but not least, did you bring your teddy bear?

P.S. I know she's short so you must be sitting down huh?

HAHAHA

First- Thank You for saying.

Second- impossible unfortunately since I do my own hair. lol

Third- No, not a teddy bear. It's just my coat.

Forth- yeah weird, I noticed. I look so tiny. But, I am standing! She really wasn't much taller or bigger than me and I'm only 5'1". I think it was just because she was a lot closer to the camera. Freeeeaaaky.

So in a mere what, two weeks, you've managed to get a picture with ingrid and nicole. Who's next? You're building a great "Wall of Fame" for your practice!

I know, 2 concerts is the most I've ever been to in a year. This year, we're gonna blow that stat out of the water! I figure, I'm just going to go see anyone I please while I'm here. Because it is one of the only perks of living here. Now, its so easy to just go, but in the future, I don't plan on living in Cleveland or any other city, so I might as well enjoy it while I can. Big Grin

Shit! I consider myself well and truely told. haha

That sounds so sweet, I love when people are just you know, normal and down to earth because they could just as easily be stuck up and rude about being on stage and whatever... Anyway that's awesome.

Nice one DentistGirl and I hope the final exam went okay?

NY area ticket alert. Tickets for her show at The Stone Pony go on sale this Saturday....

2315908847_b0a91ec475_o.jpg

EDIT: Hello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an important alert for your upcoming event. NICOLE ATKINS scheduled at THE STONE PONY on SATURDAY MAY 17 , 2008 , at 7:30 PM , has been postponed. The new date is THURSDAY MAY 15 , 2008 , at 7:30 PM.

Original tickets will be honored for the new date, or you may obtain a refund by following the instructions below for your applicable delivery method.

Here is a recent interview with Nicole. Be sure to read part about Odd jobs

Houstonist Interview

People, don't miss out. She's spending plenty of time in the south. Especially, if you're in Texas or North Carolina I don't want any excuses.

Mar 12 2008 8:00P Stubbs Austin, Texas

Mar 14 2008 12:00P Mohawk Stage Austin, Texas

Mar 14 2008 11:00P Pangaea Austin, Texas

Mar 15 2008 3:30P KCMP Live Broadcast Austin, Texas

Mar 18 2008 8:00P Earl Atlanta, Georgia

Mar 20 2008 8:00P Snugs Harbor Charlotte, North Carolina

Mar 21 2008 8:00P Snugs Harbor Charlotte, North Carolina

Mar 22 2008 8:00P Local 506 Chapel Hill, North Carolina

Mar 24 2008 8:00P Rock and Roll Hotel Washington DC, Washington DC

Mar 25 2008 7:00P World Cafe Live!Philadelphia, Pennsylvania