Sign in to follow this  
dentistgirl

Nicole Atkins! I’m not asking, I’m telling you...

From Nicole:

Conan was soo much fun! thanks so much to Mike and Whit from Cotton Jones and Leah from the Nouvellas and Jared from Minerva Lions for joining the Black Sea on the show. Thanks also to All Saints and John Fluevog for making us look good!

Last night's appearance on Conan

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

Nicole told me that it was called Darkness Falls so Quiet.

Also, the song she clearly stated was called Civil War is titled War is Hell on the album. Though it's massively different in just about every way except for the lyrics, so I'd be fine just pretending this is a different song. =)

Thanks, I've changed the title for 'Darkness' and added a note about 'War'. I basically think of them as different songs as well, ever since that first City Winery show.

Also, I haven't forgotten about the Glasslands show (or the couple shows of Jack's I was planning on putting up here), but a friend of my boss urgently needed someone to develop a Web Services wrapper around his small-business's EDI platform, and my boss hooked me up with the gig, so I've spent most of my nights and weekends doing that lately. I'm about to enter the testing phase, though, so it shouldn't be too much longer. Sorry for the delay...

Nicole warmed up for the Avett Bros at the Stone Pony a couple of weeks ago.  Great show.  The brothers asked Nicole to come back out and she obliged. When she lived in NC she spent a lot of time with the band and actually convinced them to come up to NJ for a show a few years back when no one had even heard of them. Check out this video at 0:20 and again at 3:43.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfVdLiiI6nQ