Sign in to follow this  
dentistgirl

Nicole Atkins! I’m not asking, I’m telling you...

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

Here is a recent interview with Nicole. Be sure to read part about Odd jobs

Houstonist Interview

People, don't miss out. She's spending plenty of time in the south. Especially, if you're in Texas or North Carolina I don't want any excuses.

Mar 12 2008 8:00P Stubbs Austin, Texas

Mar 14 2008 12:00P Mohawk Stage Austin, Texas

Mar 14 2008 11:00P Pangaea Austin, Texas

Mar 15 2008 3:30P KCMP Live Broadcast Austin, Texas

Mar 18 2008 8:00P Earl Atlanta, Georgia

Mar 20 2008 8:00P Snugs Harbor Charlotte, North Carolina

Mar 21 2008 8:00P Snugs Harbor Charlotte, North Carolina

Mar 22 2008 8:00P Local 506 Chapel Hill, North Carolina

Mar 24 2008 8:00P Rock and Roll Hotel Washington DC, Washington DC

Mar 25 2008 7:00P World Cafe Live!Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I know Florida is shunned by the great washed but come on...

hello folks! its nicole writing to you from atlanta, ga. we are just wrapping up the end of our 6 week tour. it's been beyond great getting out to so many different parts of the country (and canada!) and meeting all of you! the D's and i really would like you to know how much we appreciate all of your support and dancing and singing at the shows. and hopefully we'll see you again out at some of the festivals this summer! in the meantime eastcoasters, you can still purchase tickets for these remaining shows:

march 20- snug harbor, charlotte, nc

march 21- snug harbor, charlotte, nc

march 22- local 506, chapel hill, nc

march 23- the rock n roll hotel, washington dc

march 24- the world cafe, philadelphia, pa (i'll be guest djing on XPN before the show, time TBA!)

after that we all get to come home for two weeks, two of the D's get hitched and then we're off to EUROPE for our first run over there!!! we'll be hitting london, paris, oslo, stockholm and amsterdam as of now and tour dates are up on our myspace! over and out and on to charlotte....take care out there!

-nic

ps- neptune city is now available on vinyl! it sounds amazing and the artwork looks incredible. heyo!

I just got back from Charlotte, and despite getting lost both going and returning, it was awesome. Smiler Nicole Atkins sounds so great live and her band had the widest smiles, you knew they were having a great time.

Ok sorry for the delay. Honestly, while I really enjoyed Nicole, my experience was not great. The venue was really small but it was packed and I was jammed between the bar and some really drunk girls who were obviously not there to listen to music but to take myspace pictures with their tongues sticking out and to dance wildly to make sure every possible view I had was impaired. Also, turns out the ATM and the bathroom were on the other side of where I was standing (didn't realize that till the end) so there was a steady stream of people squeezing themselves by me.

And while the first band that played was really enjoyable, the next had two electric guitars and was so loud that at times I felt disoriented. However, none of that matters because Nicole was great and funny and played all of my favorite songs plus a new one. I didn't get to meet her afterwards because my sister insisted we get a move on (we had a busy and early day on Saturday and while I would've waited all night to meet Nicole I didn't think it was right to make my sister). Oh and stupid me charged my camera battery and then left it in the dorm. So no camera, no footage, no pictures. But hey, I went and saw Nicole and in the end that's all that matters!

yeah, I wasn't kidding about the earplugs was I? lol

Too bad that crappy people were impeding the awesomeness. But, like you said, you went, and you saw her and she was great. Guess everything else is just icing on the cake.

quote:

Too bad that crappy people were impeding the awesomeness. But, like you said, you went, and you saw her and she was great. Guess everything else is just icing on the cake.

Yeah, while Parlor Mob was playing I just kept wishing the end would come soon. It was just so nauseatingly LOUD!! And yeah, I couldn't hear any lyrics at all. The first band for us was Secondhand Stories, a local band, and I really liked them.

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

quote:

Yeah, while Parlor Mob was playing I just kept wishing the end would come soon. It was just so nauseatingly LOUD!! And yeah, I couldn't hear any lyrics at all. The first band for us was Secondhand Stories, a local band, and I really liked them.

Looks like Nicole has worked in studio with Secondhand Stories.....

Yesterday I was at the concert of Nicole Atkins she was great but a little nervous. I didn't take pictures, but here are some url adresses on youtube. Enjoy the concert of Amsterdam!!!

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=NECENpIqsiU

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=tKdkPBJid68

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=4U6qDNeVqUs

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=AxkTQHJqH6s