Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dentistgirl

Nicole Atkins! I’m not asking, I’m telling you...

145 posts in this topic

quote:
Originally posted by cusibryant:

Yesterday I was at the concert of Nicole Atkins she was great but a little nervous. I didn't take pictures, but here are some url adresses on youtube. Enjoy the concert of Amsterdam!!!

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=NECENpIqsiU

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=tKdkPBJid68

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=4U6qDNeVqUs

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=AxkTQHJqH6s

She does seem a bit uncharacteristically nervous.

Glad you caught the show and thanks for the links.

Oh I forget to tell I have another chance to see her she told she comes for an extra concert at the melkweg Amsterdam (a bigger concerthall) in july.

quote:
Originally posted by cusibryant:

Oh I forget to tell I have another chance to see her she told she comes for an extra concert at the melkweg Amsterdam (a bigger concerthall) in july.

Okay cusibryant, now we know why. She was sick. From her blog:

Sweden was a bit hard as I came down with an awful cold as soon as we landed there. Like a full on sinus/achy/fatiguish/mucus nightmare. So other than the time I spent doing press and yet another morning show (so early!!!!) I was mostly in bed. The gig was really fun though because we got to play with my good friends Mattias and Andreas's band, Life On Earth! We also ran into Gustav from Dungen. Such a nice guy! Life on Earth's set was really beautiful and gives me such an appreciation for Swedish folk. Its very haunting. Mattias and Andreas are also a part of my "choir of complaint" singing on alot of the songs on my album, just in case ya'll didnt know.

So it seems like we'll be back in Sweden this summer actually playing a festival called "the peace and love fest" hmmmm, i wonder what that will be like? i'm sure we'll be playing with Lordi and Celtic Frost. si-iiii--ii-ick!

London bound next.........

Thank you George I didn´t read this. I think she will flame on the seventh July.

Are you American realy now on line at this moment 1.30 am?

Your post is timestamped 10:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time (my time), so yes, we are on! But I can't imagine there is a 14 hour difference between us. Did you delay hitting enter?

I see Nicole a week from tonight!

Argggh, a school night? Probably not. Frowner

I went to FEIST pretty recently on a school night, and it required such a huge amount of planning/arranging that it barely felt worth it.

I hope Nicole plays around here during the summer!!!

quote:
Originally posted by mooebon:

Argggh, a school night? Probably not. Frowner

A school night but the last day of the week! Hey if my wife is willing to do it...... Wink

Haha I didn't forget to hit enter. Smiler

Last week I wasn't home but no 14 hours between New York time. I did sleep at Youth Hostels and I think there was a computer with a wrong clocktime. Thats one of the reason I asked the time. I realy didn't knew in what time sector I was arrived, I arrived late in the night Moskow.

But to the point George I'm a bit of jealous. Enjoy the concert. I try to see her 7 July in Amsterdam. Nicole has me made curious about New Jersey, is this a nice state/town to visit? And is New Jersey called in the U.S. Neptune City?

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

Your post is timestamped 10:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time (my time), so yes, we are on! But I can't imagine there is a 14 hour difference between us. Did you delay hitting enter?

I see Nicole a week from tonight!