Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dentistgirl

Nicole Atkins! I’m not asking, I’m telling you...

145 posts in this topic

quote:
Originally posted by cusibryant:

Nicole has me made curious about New Jersey, is this a nice state/town to visit? And is New Jersey called in the U.S. Neptune City?

New Jersey is a beautiful state. Unfortunately due to the oil refineries on the Hudson River side people assume the worst.

No, we're not Neptune City. Neptune is the town she grew up in, in NJ. NJ is actually known as the Garden State due to it's agricultural beauty. We also have a ton of awesome shore line with wonderful beaches. Hence the expression "Goin' down the shore". You never say you're going to the beach!

NJ also is historically rich. Many Revolutionary War battlefields and other historical sites are located here. Princeton University, one of the most prestigious colleges in the US is located here as well.

Tons to do and see here for sure.

Did you say you were in Moscow?????

I told my daughter that I was thinking of going to see Nicole Thursday night, and she said, "Who is she again? Which songs?" And I said, "Remember NEPTUNE CITY?" And she said, "Oh, I LOVE that song!!! She's so great!!!"

She says she has a ton of homework, but I told her to try to get it done tonight and tomorrow night. Smiler

That's awesome Lisa, let me know if I should be on the look out for you. Although it's not like The Stone Pony is that large. eshbach will be there too and a little bird told me he might be taping!!!

Sadly, I didn't make it to this one.

I didn't get to sleep until about 5 AM and therefore didn't get to leave Cleveland, where I had been to see another show, until about 11:00. I had to make a couple stops in PA and with Philadelphia traffic I would have been late and angry.

I was just too tired to deal with it, so I gave up... Frowner

We missed you Aaron!

Nicole was on top of her game tonight. Very interactive, very sweet. Didn't miss a beat. The band was superb. It really was a great show.

In no particular order:

Party's Over

Carouselle

Bleeding Diamonds

Maybe Tonight

Together We're Both Alone

The Way It Is

Cool Enough

War Torn

Love Surreal

Brooklyn's On Fire

Kill The Headlights

(Two songs I didn't know but loved)

Encore:

Neptune City

Crystal Ship (A beautiful cover of The Doors classic)

She invited everyone to head over to "the bar on Cookman, I can't mention the name, but it's a bar and it's on Cookman and we'll be partying there".

Sadly I didn't have the strength to go. I have an early day tomorrow.

Did talk again for a bit with her Dad, "Dutch" Atkins. They really are a warm, tight, and wonderful family.

Great time had by all including mrs. andreseng.

Night folks.....

Yes smaller venues are oh so nice. Big Grin

That's cool that you talked to her dad, again. It all sounds quite fabulous. Of course I soo would have gone to party, irregardless of important matters at hand. ::histology:: I guess I'm just young and reckless. Wink

she's coming to lolla this year. i'm thinking about going, since chi-town is pretty much a suburb of milwaukee.....or vice versa. kanye is going to be there too...which i'm not so sure about. meh.

We got to see Nicole front and center at Bonnaroo last week, and all I can say is WOW! One of the most impressive vocal performances I've witnessed. Immediately bought Neptune City at the Newbury Comics booth after the show. I'll post some pictures here shortly.

2597991725_027679c280.jpg

2597992079_d3486eeefd_o.jpg

2598824316_2c0f76d3da_o.jpg

2597991943_9113b9d801_o.jpg

2597991881_07ba12eabd_o.jpg

2598824148_f2c77d1740_o.jpg

As you can see, we were REALLY close, my camera has a very limited zoom.