Sign in to follow this  
dentistgirl

Nicole Atkins! I’m not asking, I’m telling you...

Oh, here's another one.........When she introduced herself and the band she mentioned "No, I'm not related to Dr. Atkins, if I were I'd have better shoes." As you can see here, her shoes were awesome. Cute little red suede pumps with little fuzzy balls hanging at the toes.

2598099951_12be4cf0ac_o.jpg

Tonight, friday night 4 July Brooklyn's on fire!! Best wishes to all you American.

Monday 7 july is Amsterdam in the fire of Nicole. Today there was an interview with her in a serious newspaper. Nicole mentioned Regina in this article as a musician representor against the monotony and uniformity.

I'm sorry I don't have a link and it was written in Dutch. I tried to translate it for you.

Against uniformity (headline)

Nicole Atkins writes songs who everybody want to sing.

The music of Nicole Atkins remembers you on broadwaymusicals.

She sang rockabilly and folk, but now she finds that kind of music boring.

Amsterdam. "Here my fishbone anchor". Skilfully she draws an anchor on the white promotion single. Before she was a profesional musician she painted window and sign-boards with maritime subjects. This as an honour to her birth place Neptune city in New Jersey. The reporter asked Nicole is it difficult to became famous in the shadow of Bruce Springsteen who is coming from the same region. No answers Nicole Bruce is an old friend you can drink a cop of coffee with him and he gives you some good advices.

The music of Nicole does you remember Broadwaymusicals, the dramatic style of Dusty Springfield and the great songwriter Burt Bacharach, Niel Diamond and Randy Newman.

Nicole: When I lisning to the American Radio I only listen monotony and uniformity. I have give myself the dedication to write songs you want to sing a long directly because the nice vocalmelody.

She starts as an anti-folk singer in New York. In this scene are not only boys or girls who hit the acoustic guitar, there are other people who where influenced by the Broadwaytradition, like REGINA SPECTOR (George nice that she Regina mentioned).

She finds her inspiration at home Neptune City, the tragedy of a place what wants to be a seaside place. Music was her first passion but she choose a training on the art-acedemy. She loves the romantic of the producing a good music production. She is influenced by Roy Orbison and Jerry Lee Lewis, not only for their good sang but also for their musical threat. She bought Nuggetsboxes because their beautiful paintings.

Folk music and rockabilly is at this moment boring for her.

Her music sounds bold and oldfasion for some people but in the head of Nicole there are a lot of musical layers. And the first album she realised all the musical layers.

The best compliment I can get is: I never heard this kind of music, it is a mirakel.

Nicole Atkins performs monday 7 juli at the melkweg in Amsterdam.

Wow, nice job. It's a bit rough but very understandable. Thanks so much for taking the time!

I assume you're going to the show tomorrow. Have a great time. Get some pictures if you can. She's very photogenic!

You all must know I am a rough Guy Wink.

I'm glad you recognise some words of it because it was a very rappid translation. I try to be on time for the show tomorrow. I have planned it for tomorrow.