Sign in to follow this  
MusicLover_2007

Tearjerkers

I've cried once to any song.

As over done as it is.

The Call.

I think of sad and morbid things when I hear that song.

I DO get one good thing out of this, it makes me appreciate the song more.

quote:
Originally posted by Rosa, Dang It:

I don't think I've ever cried when listening to any of Regina's songs, but then again I don't cry when I listen to any song. But I come close to crying every time I hear the "good is better than perfect" part in Man of a Thousand Faces...she sings it with so much feeling.

I agree. That line chokes me every time I hear it.

Earlier I was feeling a bit emotional and I cried while listening to The Devil Comes to Bethlehem (the lightness/darkness bit at the end) I always forget how beautiful that song is.

^mhmm! I forgot, and then relistened to it one day, and then had it on repeat for about a month.

anyway, on topic, i don't tend to cry from music but the closest i get tends to happen in the 'forgive me-ology' section of loveology. Probably been said already, but still true.

I still can't really listen to Samson because it like... paralyzes me with sadness. I just sit there, unable to stop listening, but feeling so profoundly hurt. Dust to Dust is the same way for me, currently. I just want to cry, but I can't because I'm so frozen with emotion. Its really weird. Besides those two:

Loveology (forgive-me-ology)

Summer in the City

The Virgin Queen (the emoh-hey thing)

Hero

Human of the Year

Somedays ("I've gone away don't call me, don't write...")

Dance Anthem of the 80s ("I'm walking through the city like a drunk but not," etc. etc.)

I'm sure there are a bunch I'm forgetting, but those are the ones that currently come to mind. I don't think anyone's music has ever affected me like Regina's does, its just all so full of emotion.

For some reason, I've taken up listening to Making Records on a daily basis recently, and feeling sad. It has layers of things that make me want to cry. The wires making her obsolete. So not true regina. The "and there's no one to stop me from being so tired and sleeping with my mascara on." Pretty much, sadly, defines my life. The music in general, the whole thing ahhhhhh! It's like you can have the things you want and you should be happy, except when you think about it choosing one course necessarily means you miss out on other things.

Oh man..

Loveology: (I'm-sorry-ology, forgive-me-ology)

Raindrops: (movin' by real fast like...) I know, I know...

Just Like the Movies: (And if he loves me...)

Man of a 1000: (I'm crying for things that I tell others to do without crying)

The Virgin Queen: (the gibberish part)

A cooler Version of Yourself: (I fall asleep when you're inside

Somedays: (and it's harsher than yours)

Buildings: (and he'd give her time)

Braille: (blowing out wishes, blowing out dreams)

Human of the Year: (outside the cars are beeping)

December: (can't see all this love?)

note: I don't cry every time I hear these songs haha. They are just the most emotional to me.

I feel like I've posted in this thread already, but whatever.

These songs don't make me cry, but I feel extremely emotional when I hear them.

Blue Lips - "Railroad Tracks" & "The color of our planet from far, far away"

This whole song is just perfect for me, just everything about it I love. I did almost cry the first time I heard it though.

Hero (of the Story) - "He never, ever saw it coming at all" & "I'm the hero of the story, don't need to be saved"

Just Like The Movies - the whole thing

Oedipus - "People screamin' love and hate"

Prisoners - "None of this shit would have ever gone daOWOaOWn"

Pound Of Flesh - "Pound of flesh to cover his bare bones"

One More Time With Feeling:

I think the reason this song is so emotional for me, despite the obvious reasons, is because I first heard it at McCarren, and, for some reason, this is the song that brings me back to that day the most.

I've posted on this before, but I've just listened to Dust To Dust and I didn't cry but it just makes me feel sad when I hear "Go in circles round the bend, until we are just friends again."