Sign in to follow this  
mandarific

Regina @ The Norva - IT FINALLY HAPPENED.

Yeah, that's right. After having my tickets reserved since the Sixteenth of September, I finally got to see Regina live-live-live within spitting distance of the stage. In fact, I could have touched it if I wanted to.

The show overall was beautiful, nearly everything I'd been waiting like half a year for. Only Son did a great opener - yes, for those of you who were curious, he IS opening for her for this "last leg of the tour" - and was, much to my surprise, much better than I'd expected him to be. A definite recommendation.

We waited an awful long time after that for Regina to come out, but it was worth the wait. She opened with "Ain't No Cover" (as usual, I believe) and plowed on through an amazing setlist that is, I think, a little different than what it was for the rest of the tour, but I could be wrong. I'll add that at the bottom of this post - anyone else who attended the show can confirm or deny this.

We also got to banter with her a little about the color of her guitar- Sea Foam Green, Aquamarine, or Teal?! (I voted for Sea Foam.)

It was so amazing amazing amazing to finally see her in person, despite my semi-awkward view (I was only a row away from the front, but on the back side of the piano, gaining an amazing shot of her knees for most of the evening.)

My only dissapointments:

- "Ghost of Corporate Future" and "Real Love" not being on the list

- Some really annoying drunk chick who yelled from the balcony for the last portion of the show. I mean, really, have some Respekt.

My only request for those of you attending the next three shows - Regina's a quiet person. It's okay to hum quietly to yourself, but when the whole audience is belting out "Samson," well, it's hard to hear the woman who made it famous.

What a great great great great great experience!!! I will post the few pics I have here as soon as I can... and heres the promised set list, someone tell me if I'm off!

Aint No Cover

On The Radio

The Flowers

Sailor Song

Time is All Around

Baby Jesus

Better

Bobbin for Apples

That Time

Apres Moi

Summer in the City

Human of the Year

Music Box

Field Below

Us

Fidelity

Hotel Song

Samson

Yeah, that's right. After having my tickets reserved since the Sixteenth of September, I finally got to see Regina live-live-live within spitting distance of the stage. In fact, I could have touched it if I wanted to.

The show overall was beautiful, nearly everything I'd been waiting like half a year for. Only Son did a great opener - yes, for those of you who were curious, he IS opening for her for this "last leg of the tour" - and was, much to my surprise, much better than I'd expected him to be. A definite recommendation.

We waited an awful long time after that for Regina to come out, but it was worth the wait. She opened with "Ain't No Cover" (as usual, I believe) and plowed on through an amazing setlist that is, I think, a little different than what it was for the rest of the tour, but I could be wrong. I'll add that at the bottom of this post - anyone else who attended the show can confirm or deny this.

We also got to banter with her a little about the color of her guitar- Sea Foam Green, Aquamarine, or Teal?! (I voted for Sea Foam.)

It was so amazing amazing amazing to finally see her in person, despite my semi-awkward view (I was only a row away from the front, but on the back side of the piano, gaining an amazing shot of her knees for most of the evening.)

My only dissapointments:

- "Ghost of Corporate Future" and "Real Love" not being on the list

- Some really annoying drunk chick who yelled from the balcony for the last portion of the show. I mean, really, have some Respekt.

My only request for those of you attending the next three shows - Regina's a quiet person. It's okay to hum quietly to yourself, but when the whole audience is belting out "Samson," well, it's hard to hear the woman who made it famous.

What a great great great great great experience!!! I will post the few pics I have here as soon as I can... and heres the promised set list, someone tell me if I'm off!

Aint No Cover

On The Radio

The Flowers

Sailor Song

Time is All Around

Baby Jesus

Better

Bobbin for Apples

That Time

Apres Moi

Summer in the City

Human of the Year

Music Box

Field Below

Us

Fidelity

Hotel Song

Samson

Sounds like you had a great time! I'm glad to hear she is feeling well enough for crowd interaction and general awesomeness. Thanks for the good news!!! Big Grin

The only thing I'm really really hoping for in Richmond is One more time with feeling. Guess, we'll see

Wow. I just have to be the devil's advocate.

It'd be great if she is playing Time Is All Around.

mandarific - is it possible though that you confused it with One More Time With Feeling(OMTWF)?

You may be 100% right. It's just that OMTWF had almost become a staple at her shows prior to her illness.

I am 100% positive that it was Time is All Around. That's one of my favorites so I knew it as soon as I heard it. Smiler

She even introduced it as "This one's really old...in fact, it's so old, it's like, new. In fact I hope I can remember all the words!"

I didn't get to tape all of the songs, I didn't want to be "that chick with the camera on the entire time in the second row", but I did manage to get some clips of a few songs (although you can't see Regina) and a full video of "Hotel Song" with Only Son...which my computer is boycotting at the moment but as soon as I can get it up somewhere I'll share. Smiler