Sign in to follow this  
Bartender

One more date added: Israel@60

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

My guess is security concerns. Can someone tell us what security was like there?

There was a guy standing by the stage and another guy who walked around a bit. A few cops on horses were watching from a distance. Other than that it was wide open.

Wowsers lots of new peoples around and lots of good stuff! Sorry I’m slackin’.

Perfectly in her eyeline from the piano, second row, couldn’t have done much better. But, you’re right JohnnyC, so close but yet, so far.

Quite a lot of annoying people around but the crowd was not, like usual, comprised of Regina fans, “fans,” or bubblegums, so it was a tad different. Really only one song shout out, which was for Braille. It was rather hot and sweaty, but once she started playing you hardly noticed.

Her last minute, wise decision comment about the stockings was endearing, but not a whole lot of interaction. I left really surprised that she did basically the bare essentials and nothing even a little different. Even so, any day I get to see Regina is obviously great.

Here is one picture that my friend took. Her camera can do amazing things....

2547328580_b02cf32507.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyC:

Wow... you can't even see the stage.. why do they make the audience stand SOOO FAR AWAY?

Frowner

I was surprised by how much space there was between the stage and the barricade too... security wasn't nearly as tight as I had expected for an event like this. My only guess is that they wanted that much space so that the cameraman (who was sending a live feed to big TV screens on either side of the stage) had plenty of room to move around.

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

Wowsers lots of new peoples around and lots of good stuff! Sorry I’m slackin’.

2547328580_b02cf32507.jpg

Wowsers is right!

Also, just "for the record", this was just a Regina show... right? Only Son didn't open... right?

Because that being the case, this photo speaks volumes. I am so jealous of that man. Obvious jealousy aside, let's also consider what it would feel like for Regina to say "Hey, I'm playing a show. Do you want to come with me and you know... perform with me?"

Hubbida, hubbida.

quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyC:

Also, just "for the record", this was just a Regina show... right? Only Son didn't open... right?

Because that being the case, this photo speaks volumes. I am so jealous of that man.

You are correct. There was no opener per se. Only son was invited out for Hotel Song only. I agree about the photo. And I can understand how the way she looked at him as he exited the stage could be jealousy inducing. I mean, aside from the fact he was on the stage period.

That last one was like the calm before the storm Smiler

There was someone standing right beside me who kept talking and talking during the show. She said she was a huge Regina fan but had only heard two of her songs -- Fidelity and Samson.

And someone else said "How many albums does she have? I only know one."