Sign in to follow this  
ajalaw

Antifolk Interview

Hahey everybody. Just a thread for those that love all those interviews of Regina, especially the old ones. I came across an old one where the interview may have actually sparked a trigger to the song title 'On The Radio'. I was like Eeker . They were talking and he was like, hey I think I see a song idea coming along. She was like, yeh the radio song!!!

Anyhuuuu,

I've been going through the forum for hours finding loads of interviews I'd never read/heard before. And some old ones that seem to have disappeared Frowner. I have no idea if it's already been posted somewhere but didn't come across this one so thought I'd post it up:

http://www.antifolkonline.com/ReginaSpektorInterview.html

It's pretty old like from when before she was even signed. Which I think is awesome!! She had just finished 'songs' so it must be really early.

I thinks Brads so lucky to have chatted to her properly before she was big. Anyway babble over Smiler

Hahey everybody. Just a thread for those that love all those interviews of Regina, especially the old ones. I came across an old one where the interview may have actually sparked a trigger to the song title 'On The Radio'. I was like Eeker . They were talking and he was like, hey I think I see a song idea coming along. She was like, yeh the radio song!!!

Anyhuuuu,

I've been going through the forum for hours finding loads of interviews I'd never read/heard before. And some old ones that seem to have disappeared Frowner. I have no idea if it's already been posted somewhere but didn't come across this one so thought I'd post it up:

http://www.antifolkonline.com/ReginaSpektorInterview.html

It's pretty old like from when before she was even signed. Which I think is awesome!! She had just finished 'songs' so it must be really early.

I thinks Brads so lucky to have chatted to her properly before she was big. Anyway babble over Smiler

Thanks for posting! I never read that one before, it was super. Interview by IM, very unique.

I was trying to pick a favorite line but as I kept reading there were like too many!!! Big Grin

So I'll just go with-

so when you drink you are really evolving your brain to the next level... survival of the fittest cells... very uber mench, no?

"Regina: i love mutt dogs... my favorite dog passed away last year... he was the first dog i met in this country, and his name was "knight"... he was part wolf, i am so sure..."

the dog! the real live dog!

quote:
Originally posted by squeakycleanK:

"Regina: i love mutt dogs... my favorite dog passed away last year... he was the first dog i met in this country, and his name was "knight"... he was part wolf, i am so sure..."

the dog! the real live dog!

Case......we share that thought again!

this is so cool thank you! stocked with a huge supply of regina info!

so if we ever see reg in a bar we know to buy her a vodka and cranberry!

wow! she can't drive, that seems so strange to me, but really i guess there is no need for it in NYC. my friend who lives on staten island doesnt own a car, and commutes to manhattan every day for work.

quote:
Brad: speakin of couples You datin anybody?":

Regina: ummmmmmmm. well, it's complex. i put it better on the disk, so just listen up close to it...you'll hear that i'm bad at that kindda stuff, but also not bad at it... oh... i don't know... i'm trying to figure it all out these days...

anyone catch it??? haha. i think she hid it deeper than she non-chalantly exclaims in this interview.

quote:
Regina: i think that love is love, and that comes through.....i definately am a lovaholic....

Brad: I hear ya.

Regina: i can tell you one thing though.... my biological clock is like a cookoo monster... everytime a see babies on the street my ovaries bite..... am definately gonna have a litter of mutts!

quote:
tearose: so... no little reginlets? how sad, they would have curly baby hair and be sooo cute (i don't know why i'm assuming she would have more then one, i think it's from posting about kittens just before)

coincidence..... i think not! lol.. jk

i love her explaination of Songs..."like an obstacle course". ive always seen it as that sort of thing. or like a projecter where the picture is continually switched.

quote:
Regina: to give an example, there's songs about incest

which one is this??????

and earlier she said something about a song about meatballs which im guessing is Lesson in how... but that isnt on Songs.. think it was one of the extras of the 16?

sorry for the long post but that was just a good interview. i didnt even know they did interviews over IM???? wow, crazy.