Sign in to follow this  
ajalaw

Antifolk Interview

This was hilarious!:

"Regina: but we're also singing songs about pickles and meat balls, and death penalty, and Oedipal complexes, and paris, and love, and soup and stuff... wow i write a lot about food....."

Hahha! She DOES! I was doing a sound check before a gig once and I was singing this part of "Belt"

"...chicken soup, mashed potatoes, gravy, orange juice, milkshakes, pudding, oatmeal, soft serve ice cream" and a girl said to me...

"oh man, now I'm hungry! you're makin me hungry"

Hahah, blame Regina, I said, with her food lyrics! LOL!

oh and heeeeyyyyy!!!

this answers our question about Regina ever becoming a mother! (I was wrong, go-figure!)

"Regina: i can tell you one thing though.... my biological clock is like a cookoo monster... everytime a see babies on the street my ovaries bite..... am definately gonna have a litter of mutts!

Regina: but not now....... that's my brain talkin...."

Awwwe, this is so surprising to me. I knew she liked kids, I just didn't think she wanted any of her own. Interesting.

I remember reading this quite a while back, but i am SO glad you posted it again. It is such a great interview, and regina just shines through and is so human... Like a close friend we all know...

I also think it is important to realize that even though her songs arent "autobiographical" , per-say, it is almost impossible to write a song that has no connection to you... because you DID write it. So it is good to be reminded that her songs still do have things about herself, even though their characters, setting, and personality are each unique..

she just writes the best stuff!

quote:
Originally posted by folding chair:

the main page says it was on June 30th, 2002!

I love it haha. the part about her ovaries biting cracks me up. Razzer

Haha I checked that page like 3 times and each time I didn't see the date Roll Eyes

This got me SO covetous

quote:
Regina: oh! that's funny in a bitter sweet sort of way, off course..... i think they'll be fine, and it sounds like you have a great thing going... next time you visit ..if it's not summer, i'd love to meet in person...

Eeker If he didn't take up that offer to be potentially befriended by someone so great. So lucky!!

quote:
Originally posted by PilingAndTwisting:

"Regina: i can tell you one thing though.... my biological clock is like a cookoo monster... everytime a see babies on the street my ovaries bite..... am definately gonna have a litter of mutts!

Regina: but not now....... that's my brain talkin...."

Awwwe, this is so surprising to me. I knew she liked kids, I just didn't think she wanted any of her own. Interesting.

A few years ago I did some research on this. Yes, I too am an uber-nerd. The fact, is that Regina was decsribing a scientific phenomenon and didn't really realize it.

For those who are interested. (Yes, it's kind of a gross study and whatnot.) The results are pretty clear.

In Plain English

In Scientific Terms

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

A few years ago I did some research on this. Yes, I too am an uber-nerd.

Are you doing DDS or DMD?

I will be a DMD. But actually, they are the same thing. It's just semantics. Whatever the school thinks is trendier at the time.

BTW, it was research for my own personal satisfaction because I had an weird experience and needed to understand it. So perhaps uber-nerd was not a strong enough term.