Em Mitchell

Wee Rants

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

Good Luck Karl! I too was oddly excited when getting my WT out. And I was not dissapointed in the end. Cool

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

I get my wisdom teeth out in 2 weeks too. Are you getting all four out? surgery? What painkillers were you perscribed? I'm not excited AT ALL, as a matter of fact I'm scared to death. Probably because I've never had surgery before AND my biggest fear is needles

Sokay, you won't even remember the needles. Er, well the IV one I guess you *might* remember. Getting my WT out was my first ever surgery too, and the fact that it went well was a relief in that moment, but also for the future, knowing I didn't have any bad reactions to the anesthesia. Trust me, at your age, chances of you having problems are very slim. Are you having it done in the hospital or an office?

I am back home and short 4 (yes all 4) wisdom teeth. Surgery, in office not hospital which is good cuz i don't really like hospitals. They put me on an IV which I barely felt going in and I was hooked up to all these heart monitors and blood pressure thingies and it felt very star trek. Then they put a mask over my face and replaced the saline in the IV with anesthesia. And then I remember waking up in a chair with ice on my face, and then I woke up in the car on my way home, and then I woke up on a couch at home. However, apparently I was actually awake for much more than I remember and I was really happy. And loud. Like the happiest David After Dentist. My mom gave me a recap on how I 'reacted' to the anesthesia and I could not stop laughing it was hilarious. Now i'm supposed to take antibiotics as well as alternating between Tylenol 3s and Advil. Its really not that bad its just a bit achy and my face doesn't seem to have morphed yet Smiler

hey, cool..everyone's getting their wisdom teeth out =D

Well i got out mine (all four) 3 days ago, and so far so good. i'm also on antibiotics, but i'm not using any of the pain meds. oooo and i'm pretty swollen now. >=[

the dentist also gave me a syringe so I can squirt out the bits of food that will inevitably get stuck in the holes (once i start eating solids). not looking forward to that..lol.

Haha, thanks andreseng.

Hope you feel better, pinkguimauve. I'm having a lower first molar extracted on the 16th that's caused me quite a bit of hell recently (abscess, swelling). Can't wait 'til it's out.

wee rant: my face hasn't been swelling at all and i'd like to keep it that way so i've been icing my face. My ice pack melted so i went to get some frozen corn. I just realized that the frozen corn and the frozen onion are packaged almost exactly the same way and now my face smells like an onion. /wee rant.

quote:
Originally posted by Karl Prejektorinski:

wee rant: my face hasn't been swelling at all and i'd like to keep it that way so i've been icing my face. My ice pack melted so i went to get some frozen corn. I just realized that the frozen corn and the frozen onion are packaged almost exactly the same way and now my face smells like an onion. /wee rant.

haha thats definitely a wee rant worth having just so you can write it in the "wee rants" section and people can giggle at your expense.