Em Mitchell

Wee Rants

wtf? Eeker

Wanted to buy a ticket for a Lily Allen concert in Prague - 60 usd!! That's super expensive for a club concert round here. Plus there's a bracket with "price will rise". I'm not cheap but this is outrageous. Both NIN and FNM were cheaper than that.

Great. My virus protection expired and I can't afford to renew it Frowner

I'm still trying to pay off my computer. It makes me sick that everyone else's parents just buy their kids everything, including new macbooks, when going off to college.

I would suggest, until you can afford to renew, that you uninstall whatever it is you are using and install AVG Free. It is a well known and free product. You can dl it here.

Better to have something than nothing at all. The complete uninstall of the old AV should be done first.

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

I'm still trying to pay off my computer. It makes me sick that everyone else's parents just buy their kids everything, including new macbooks, when going off to college.

i know!! i had to buy my own macbook last summer, which made me unbelievably broke. and now this year i am paying for a trip to italy in the spring for an art history course by myself. all my friends are being helped by their parents. sucks.

interesting side note: both of these expenses are roughly the same cost. lmao.

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

Great. My virus protection expired and I can't afford to renew it Frowner

You can safely live without antivirus if you have firewall (free one I use). Antivirus isn't that important as it used to be few years back. If you want to be paranoidly safe then use the free AVG andreseng suggested - very good, updates are daily & free. Don't ever buy firewall or antivirus. The free stuff floating around the internet suffices more than enough, trust me. It's a waste of money.

Yesterday was major sucko, so today I decided it would be best if I just not leave the house.

First, one of my friends inhaled a piece of cellophane at a restaurant, and then projectile vomited it up. Then, we were biking back from town and my other friend fell off his bike, and cut up his face, and neck, and shoulders and everything. He had to be rushed to the hospital, then taken to Boston to see a plastic surgeon. We're supposed to be on vacation. So I spent all day today teaching myself various songs on the violin and staying away from pointy edges.

Blahhhh.

So suddenly, this Cape Cod vacation thing is not looking so awesome. We have a ridiculous amount of instruments though (two bases, three guitars, two ukuleles, a violin, and a flute, but NO KEYBOARD) so I can find many ways to entertain myself without going to the dangers of the outdoors.

Oh yeah, and then my friend's dad sprained his knee walking up the stairs. Uhg.

o-o wow. that does suck almostspotless..

CAUTION: dont read this if you are grossed out easily..

my rant is, rotting flesh stinks. really bad...

where i cut my hand isnt healing, and the doctor said it would either heal right, or the filleted portion would seal off and rot, and grow back later.

i was scratching a mosquito bite on my shoulder, and i looked that way, and caught a whiff of something dreadful. it was my rotting skin. ew. ew. ew. ew. ew. ew.... then i got the bad skin and pinched it, couldnt feel a thing. so i tugged on it. and i tore off a lot of rotting flesh. EW EW EW EW... so now we start the regrowing process..