Em Mitchell

Wee Rants

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

^^Oh Briana! I'm really sorry. I understand how you feel. Plus goldens are so loving and loyal. It really is like losing a member of the family. My childhood dog who we had for 14 years died in November. It was so hard. I'm not gonna lie and tell you it will eventually cause no pain but I can tell you that the pain will ease. I still get sad thinking about her but it's gotten a lot better. But of course she is never forgotten and no one can take her place.

It REALLY helps to get another dog. So another animal presence is there and the process starts again with your growing love. We got a PBGV after Lowbelly our basset died.

Once again I'm sorry Frowner

Bizarre thing about our love of dogs... when a beloved puppy of mine died years ago, everyone said I should get a new companion to help get over the loss, but I felt it would be disrespecting the memory of my lost little girl by "replacing" her too soon. My best too you and treasure the memories...the pain is replaced by good memories

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

Hey, guys. sorry i haven't been on much lately.. limited internet access doesn't mix well with slothy Spring Break tendencies..

anyway, my dog died yesterday. Frowner

he apparently was having trouble standing up, and eventually hurt himself trying, so my family took him to the vet and the nurse said he nad advanced pnemoinia, and needed an IV, and we can't afford it. so they put him down..

he was 14 years old. i'll miss him soooo much. :'(

Oh my goodness! I'm so so sorry! Frowner

My cousin had to do that with their dog last year, it was devastating. Frowner

quote:
Originally posted by Henry Gale:

I learned something today.

The codes hidden underneath the scratch surfaces on iTunes gift cards can be rubbed out along with the silver material if you're too vigorous of a scratcher.

I'm gonna miss those 25 dollars, I really am.

I don't suppose I deserve to have that money if I was too stupid to take the "scratch gently" notice seriously, though. Idiocy comes with a price, and I've paid mine.

Its not a lost cause! Don't toss it! I've done that many a time, there's another code on that card you can type in. I've done it and it works like a charm.

quote:

Hey, guys. sorry i haven't been on much lately.. limited internet access doesn't mix well with slothy Spring Break tendencies..

he apparently was having trouble standing up, and eventually hurt himself trying, so my family took him to the vet and the nurse said he nad advanced pnemoinia, and needed an IV, and we can't afford it. so they put him down..

I'm so sorry to hear this. I've been dealing with a lot of death lately and I know how painful it can be, grief strikes at odd times. I hope you and your family hold in there.

quote:

Oh... I'm very sorry Briana. I hope you and your family cheer up soon.

How's the new semester treating you?

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

quote:
Originally posted by Henry Gale:

I learned something today.

The codes hidden underneath the scratch surfaces on iTunes gift cards can be rubbed out along with the silver material if you're too vigorous of a scratcher.

I'm gonna miss those 25 dollars, I really am.

I don't suppose I deserve to have that money if I was too stupid to take the "scratch gently" notice seriously, though. Idiocy comes with a price, and I've paid mine.

Its not a lost cause! Don't toss it! I've done that many a time, there's another code on that card you can type in. I've done it and it works like a charm.

...You just rescued my lost 25 dollars. I am truly within your debt. You deserve to have this money. My eternal gratitude is yours.

I kinda sorta wouldn't mind if my college burned down to the ground. That's how much I hate it right now. It keeps getting worse and worse.

Sorry, I'm trying to release my frustration.