Em Mitchell

Wee Rants

What the heck, youtube?

every other time i view the homepage, it tells me that i have 48 comments and 15 friend invites, then i refresh or click view, and it's back to zero comments and 2 friend invites?? Confused

P.S. school needs to be /done/... i'm gonna miss everyone over the summer, and will probably have no life and generally be a zombie til we're back on campus, but i'm having trouble concentrating/caring simply because i know it'll be over soon! *sigh*

5 days til the talent show!! i'm excited, but also worried.. we sound okay, but i want the song to be together before we perform, not hit and miss.

Also, i had some spare cash lying around in the ol' checking account, so i bought that cool blue concert poster that was featured in the show poster thread Wink they sent me a begin to hope poster, which was not mentioned before, but it's a okay with me! Big Grin

Post a picture! And you better record this performance, I'm really interested to see it.

Right now I'm pouting to myself because Tallest Man on Earth (aka Kristian Matsson) whom I've been obsessing about lately is playing 30 minutes from me but realistically I don't have money or time to see him. This is a very wee rant, but still, I want to go dammit! Razzer

Edit: oh yeah, AND I love the opener. AGH!

Further edit: well, decided I will be going, but now I might not be able to get tickets. Damn southerners and their love for southern sounding music! hehehe (this is a joke as, obviously, I am a southerner as well...)

My computer hates SD cards lately, so i won't be able to post stuff without my roommate's laptop.

Good luck finding tickets, you southerner, you! Razzer i have to admit, reading your post, i thought tallest man on earth was, like, a TLC special or something, and wondered 1: why he was touring, and 2: what he was playing haha

okay, so one friend dropped out of the dancing, but the show must go on! we're all very excited....

EDIT: Ricky:

i agree that these people don't know what they're talking about, as Radka pointed out, but i think it's pointless to get worked up about what they say--because, whether they realize this or not, their opinions aren't fact, and they are entitled to think and rant all they want. Just as we are free to disregard everything they say. For example: implying that true, artful, original music can be found in the works of Lady GaGa and Brittany Spears. Not Regina. (L O L!!!) i mean, you've just lost all of your credibility right there.

imo. Smiler

My mom has been hit by car. She's fine in the sense that it could have been worse...but she's probably going to be in hospital for a long time.

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

My mom has been hit by car. She's fine in the sense that it could have been worse...but she's probably going to be in hospital for a long time.

Oh I'm so sorry for that... I hope she'll get well soon!

Oh my god, Appt! I'm sorry, I haven't read this thread in awhile! How is she doing now?

Why I feel like ranting:

quote:
Worst concert ever

The Fillmore at Irving PL. in New York , NY 3 / 23

Posted 3/26/10 by tuly738 This Fan's Reviews

I'm a huge fan of Regina but i must say this was an unprofessional, unprepared, disorganized show.

She forgot the lyrics not once but several times, many piano mistakes, it really looks like everything was sat up at the very last moment.

Even that she made fun of her mistakes(what was charmed) i can't deny the truth and say that it was a poor show...This was a paid show so i believe that fans deserved a little respect...And don't forget the two hours waiting standee for the show...I love Regina's music but next time i will have more careful before decide of going to her shows...

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

Why I feel like ranting:

quote:
Worst concert ever

The Fillmore at Irving PL. in New York , NY 3 / 23

Posted 3/26/10 by tuly738 This Fan's Reviews

I'm a huge fan of Regina but i must say this was an unprofessional, unprepared, disorganized show.

She forgot the lyrics not once but several times, many piano mistakes, it really looks like everything was sat up at the very last moment.

Even that she made fun of her mistakes(what was charmed) i can't deny the truth and say that it was a poor show...This was a paid show so i believe that fans deserved a little respect...And don't forget the two hours waiting standee for the show...I love Regina's music but next time i will have more careful before decide of going to her shows...

He/she is NOT a real fan of her if he/she says so at ALL...

Soo... the semester's winding down, and i'm headed home sooner rather than later.

i have mixed feelings, and i think i'm actually losing sleep over it--i can't wait to spend some time with my family and my old friends, but three months is a long time, and i know for a fact that me and my mother are going to be at each other's throats before the first month is over...

i'm hoping that i'll be able to make enough plans to stay out of the house as much as possible, but.... i don't know--for some reason, i don't want to go live in my old room, in my old house, in my little tiny town all summer. i'm actually dreading it.

all the internships i tried for fell through, which means, if i'm working, it's someplace close to home unless i'm catching the bus.

i love my family, i really do... but it's much easier to like them when i'm living a life of my own, and they're not always right there.

/end rant... i'll do my best to focus on the positives, and keep busy. i'll be back on campus soon enough.

Come oooon, sophmore year! :/